Nice seeing you, Ellie

Chapter 17

Ella:

Seeing her lunge, I casually stepped to the side avoiding the collision, not because I can fight or am a ninja or anything but because the lunge was predictable from practically a mile away. She falls again flat to the floor, water soaking her dark ripped jeans. An unflattering grunt comes from her mouth with a series of curse words I'm sure are directed at me.

Numbness saturates the anxious nerves, hushing every thread of uncertainty I might have. Whatever morals or virtues that usually kept me quiet and hidden suddenly felt unresponsive, erased as of right now. Substituting my shyness is this torrid heat, sweltering my pale skin and roasting my cheeks. Little stings twiddling the tips of my fingers.

If this is what anger feels like, I'm swimming in an ocean of it. I just pushed this girl and the guilt is strong, but the fury is dulling it to mere bread crumbs. The livid girl pushed herself up off the slippery wet floor, her face gushing with deep color in a matter of seconds, a ruddy blotchy red. Her brown eyes slit into narrow daggers, slicing hate into me with just a look.

"I'm going to fuck you up." Just as the words leave her lips, she's coming at me like a cat with sharp claws pouncing on its prey. I feel like someone else as I block the punch to my face and swing low to her abdomen giving as much power to the strike as possible. She grunts gritting her teeth as one of her hands grabs my shirt, digging her nails into the skin of my upper arm.

There's a painful burn where her nails break through flesh, clenching my jaw I grab her dark hair and yank it, trying to get her to release my arm. Thankfully she does with a yelp, but after a second to recover, she swings her hand back before I have a chance to release my hands from her hair, and slaps me hard across the face.

My head snaps to the side, my cheeks stinging awfully as she laughs hysterically. Without bringing my hand to my face, I instead ball them into painful fists next to my sides, this pure hatred I've only felt a few times before pouring into every single pore of my body. There is no way I'm letting her know how bad that hurt. "How's that feel whore, huh?"

Lifting my boiling gaze to meet hers, I lose every sense of my character and become someone else completely. Stepping forward as she laughs, I take her body in my hands and throw her to the ground with all my strength before she has a chance to understand what's going on.

She slams into the ugly school tiled floor, her head smacking against the ground. Before she can react I jump on her and start swinging and hitting showing her what this 'whore' can do.

"It was an accident," I whisper to myself.

The screams coming from her mouth are dull whispers compared to the rushing waves smashing currents in my veins. She claws at me but the attempts are feeble compared to my explosive ones. Red paint colors her face, but I can't really tell for sure because everything I'm seeing is red, the lockers, the walls, and the ceiling. Crimson coating my vision like a glaze over my eyes.

All I feel is numb, paralyzed in my body, my muscles moving on their own accord, completely detached as my body is harshly yanked to the side away from the girl. What is going on? My teacher, Mr. Danes, is in my face waving his hands back and forth catching my attention. My eyes focus on his hands as the loudness in my ears quiets into a low hum.

Where did he come from?

"You're in so much trouble young lady." He says as I can finally make out what he's saying. "You need to go to the office, this behavior will not be tolerated." He grabs my arm pulling me up into a standing position. I gaze around at the scene in front of me, the girl who pushed me is on the ground crying, another teacher kneeling beside her checking her injuries.