Pilot V

"So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye!!" What? Shut up. You know I'm a nerd. "So you think you can love me and leave me to die? Oh, baby! can't do this to me, baby! Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here!"

"Cassie!" Barbara yells over my music. "Can you come here for a second?" I pause the CD and jump down the stairs. "In the living room." I skip into the room, and Barbara smiles at me. "What're you so happy about?" I shrug.

"What's there to not be happy about?" I ask. She laughs.

"You got me there." I plop down on the couch across from her, still smiling. "So, Jim said he'll be back late tonight, so I was wondering if you'd like to do something today. Just the two of us." I shrug.

"Like what?" She smiles. "Oh no. I'm gonna regret asking that, aren't I?" She laughs.

"I don't know about that," she says. "I was thinking we could maybe rent a movie, something you'd like. We can...paint each other's nails, go crazy without Jim here to ruin the run." I chuckle.

"Paint each other's nails?" She nods, and I think about it before shrugging. She smiles.

^^Cassie's hair^^

^^Cassie's hair^^

"As far as I can remember, I have never had a hair cut," I say. "Just the occasional trim." She smiles.

"Would you wanna get it cut?" I shrug.

"I mean, probably. It's kind of a pain." She laughs.

"Maybe we can get it cut today," she says. "Then we can go rent the movie, and come back here, order takeout...chill for the rest of the day." I smile and nod. "Unfortunately, I have to go to the gallery now. Just for, like, an hour." She stands up. "But, so you don't have to keep going to the station after school, I got this made." She hands me a gold key and kisses the top of my head. "I'll be back around two." I smile at her as she walks to the door. "See you." I wave as she closes the door. As soon as she does, I take off running.

Jim's P.O.V.

"Tell Mooney I'm here," I say when I walk in.

"Regarding what, shall I say?" the man asks.

"Mario Pepper." He nods.

"Mario. May I ask why?" I shake my head.

"No."

"No?" He chuckles. "Yes. None of my business." He walks away, and Fish walks in, followed by a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a black mask.

"James Gordon," Fish says. "How nice."

"Who're you?" I ask the girl. Fish looks at her. She says nothing. Instead she says something in sign language.