Selina Kyle III

Jerome and I both agreed that we needed some time to think, and so far, it's been three days, and I haven't talked to him the whole time. I miss him.

I'm currently sitting outside the captain's office at the GCPD. I'm supposed to be helping Jim with the case about the missing kids, but I've been so distracted thinking about Jerome that I haven't been much help. I do, however, looking up from the floor when Ed walks over.

"What is it, Ed?" Essen asks. He walks inside.

"Guess what I found," he says. "I did a blood test on him and he had high levels of ATP."

"What's ATP?" Harvey asks.

"It's a fast-acting knockout drug," Ed tells him. "Used to use it at the old Arkham Asylum to bring down troublesome patients. It's hard to get, no recreational use."

"Okay," Essen says. "That's interesting. Anything else?" He shakes his head. "Thank you, Ed." He doesn't leave, so she clears her throat. "Thank you, Ed." He nods and walks out, his eyes landing on me. He walks over.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced," he says. I shake my head. "I'm Edward. Nygma." I smile softly.

"Cassie," I say. "Gordon." He smiles.

"You answered my riddle a few weeks ago," he says. I think back and nod. "No one else likes to answer my riddles." I frown.

"I love riddles," I tell him. "And logic puzzles." He smiles.

"What has words but never speaks?" I smile.

"A book." He nods.

"What book are you reading?" I look down at my bag, where my book resides.

"Murder on the Orient Express."

"Ah, so you like mystery?" I shrug.

"Well, my dad is a detective." He smiles, and my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out, and it's a message from Jerome. Ready to talk. Meet at Chrissy's in ten minutes. I look up at Ed.

"Ed?" He nods. "I'm sorry. I have to go. Can you tell my dad I had to go meet someone?" He nods.

"Of course," he says. "I will make sure he doesn't worry." I smile, grabbing my bag.

"You're the best, Ed. Thank you." I run down the stairs and out of the building before taking off down the street. I make it to Chrissy's in seven minutes and head inside. Timmy, one of the boys that works there who's a few years older than me, looks up and smiles.

"Hey, Cassie!" he says happily. "I didn't think you worked today." I shake my head.

"I don't," I tell him. "I'm...meeting someone." He nods and goes back to wiping the table he's at as I head toward the corner booth. After a minute or so, Jerome walks in and looks at me. He walks over and sits down.

"Hey, Cass," he says. I smile at him.

"Hey, Jer." He smiles slightly and looks down. After a second, he looks back up at me.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else?" he asks. I nod, and we get up to leave. He freezes and looks over at me like he's about to say something, but stops and walks out the door, with me in tow. We must walk for five minutes before I decide to break the silence.

"Jerome, I'm sorry," I say. He looks down at me.

"What for?" he asks. I sigh.

"I shouldn't have kissed you. I just really wanted to get Tony off my back, and that was the only way I could think of that he would-"

"Woah, woah, Cassie, calm down," he says, smiling. "It's okay. I get it." I shake my head.

"But it's not okay! You were trying to tell him no, and I just went with it!" He sighs. "It wasn't fair to you. You didn't want to, and I should've-" He cuts me off by crashing his lips onto mine. I'm shocked at first, but I eventually melt into the kiss. We must stay like that for ten seconds at least before he pulls away.

"Now will you listen to me?" I nod, not knowing what to say. "I needed time to think because I was confused. I didn't think you would want to kiss me. That's why I told Tony no, not because I didn't want to." He looks down and sighs. "Because I did." I look at him in shock.

"Jerome-"

"I like you, Cassie," he says, looking back up at me. "I have for a while." He sighs. "But why would you like me?" I say nothing, and he looks down. "I knew it." He turns to walk away, but I grab his arm and pull him back, kissing him gently. I pull away and look him in the eye.

"Stop it," I say sternly. "Any girl would be lucky to have a Jerome." I smirk. "I guess I'm just the luckiest of all of 'em." He smiles and kisses me again, and in that moment, I forget about everything else.

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!! yay

sorry. I've had this written for a while, and I was just waiting to post it.

Anyway....

I do not own Gotham or its characters. I do however own my characters and their plot, so don't steal. It's not nice.