Selina Kyle IV

I walk into Fish's club, through the back door, and hear her talking to Jim and Harvey.

"Are you still mad at us?" Harvey asks her as I walk into the room. She shakes her head.

"No," she tells him. "Please. I'm quite fond of you." She points at Harvey. "And you intrigue me." Jim. "I knew I'd regret killing you as soon as I gave the word. But you know me. I'm feisty." I kick the chair next to me lightly, getting her attention. She looks back at me and smiles. "Ah, hello there, Ice dear. Didn't know you were coming today." I nod and sign Need to talk. She nods and turns back to the two men as Jim starts talking again.

"What do you know about a man and woman abducting street kids on your turf?" he asks. She chuckles softly.

"No foreplay with you," she says. "Hm? Figures. But you got with the program. Killed Penguin your own bad self. I was surprised. Straight arrow like you."

"I guess you misjudged me."

"I guess I did. You're just a little sinner like the rest of us. I'm almost kind of sad about that." Jim sighs.

"We're looking for a man and a woman," he tells her. "Middle-aged. White. Targeting children under sixteen." My eyes are wide. "They use a poisoned pen, if you can believe it." Fish holds up a hand to silence him.

"Children under sixteen?" He nods, and she looks back at me. "Go." I nod and run out the back. Once I'm outside, I pull out my phone and call Jerome.

"Hello?"

"Jerome," I say. "Are you free?"

"Uh, right now I'm am. My mom shouldn't be back for a few hours. Are you okay?" I sigh.

"Maybe," I tell him. "Maybe not. You might not be safe either. I don't really know. Can I come over?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, come on over." I smile. "But Cassie?"

"Yeah?"

"Please be careful." I nod, even though I know he can't see it.

"I will." I hang up and start running toward the circus. It only takes me a few minutes and soon, I'm banging on Jerome's door. He opens it, and I walk past him and sit on the small couch, putting my head in my hands. Jerome sits down next to me and wraps an arm around me, holding me close.

"Hey," he says quietly. "What's going on? Are you okay?" I nod.

"It's . . . a long story," I tell him. "Long story short, someone's specifically kidnapping kids under sixteen years old by knocking them out with ATP from the old Arkham Asylum." He nods.

"And you're worried?" I nod. He rubs my arm to comfort me. "It's alright." I shake my head.

"No, Jerome," I say. "I'm not worried about me." I look up at him. "I'm worried about you." He shakes his head.

"C, I live in the middle of nowhere," he says. He smiles goofily. "And technically, I'm not under sixteen." I chuckle.

"I know." I lean into him, and he wraps his arms around me. "I'm just paranoid."

"I know you are, and you have every right to be," he says quietly. "It's kind of cute." I blush and bury my head in his chest, and he kisses the top of my head. "Don't worry, C. I'll be fine."

3rd Person P.OV.

It's a few hours before Cassie has to leave, but when she finally does, she barely evades Jerome's mother, who's making her way back from the main tent. For once, Cassie actually spends money and opts for a cab instead of the long walk, which would probably make her late getting home, thus ending with her in trouble. Still, by the time she reaches the apartment, it's starting to get dark. She reaches into her pockets, trying to find her key to the building, before sighing and pulling out her phone. She types out Jim's number and presses dial, waiting for him to pick up.

"Oh, sweetheart," she suddenly hears. She looks over to see a woman with reddish brown curly hair. "Did you get locked out?" Skeptical, Cassie says nothing and nods, hoping Jim will pick up soon. As the phone stops ringing and she looks down at her phone, trying to dial it again, the woman pulls out a pen and jabs it into the young girl's neck, making her drop the phone. "Oh, yes. You're a fine thing." As the woman drags Cassie away, she fails to notice the phone, lying open on the ground.

"Cassie?" Jim's voice drifts out of the phone, not landing on any ears. "Cassie, are you alright? Where are you?"

I do not own Gotham or its characters. I do however own my characters and their plot, so don't steal. It's not nice.