Selina Kyle I

It's been about a week and a half since I met Jerome, and I'm now walking out of the gym, trying to get away from Tony as fast as I can.

"Hey, Gordon!" No such luck. I grit my teeth and spin around to face him. "What're you doing tonight?" I think about it.

"Um," I start, "I'm meeting my dad at the station, then I'm hanging out with my boyfriend, then I work from six to nine." Meeting Jim? True. Working? True. Meeting my boyfriend? Well...sorta true. While he's not my boyfriend, I am meeting Jerome later. I just really want to get Tony off my back, so...ya' know. Jerome won't mind.

"Boyfriend?" Tony asks. "Really?" I nod. "I don't believe it." I scoff.

"For once in your life," I say (take a stand with pride), "maybe just accept that you're not always right." He shakes his head.

"Oh, I know I'm not always right," he says. "This is just one of those times when I know I am." I roll my eyes. "Alright. If you really do have a boyfriend, come to the game tonight, and bring him. Then you can prove it." I sigh.

"Tony, I already told you I have to work tonight." He smiles.

"At six," he tells me. "The game starts at five. That gives you an hour to show up and prove that you actually have someone that's willing to put up with you. Where does he live? The Narrows?" I shake my head. "Then where?" I don't answer. "Ah, so he does live in the Narrows."

"No," I say. "No, he doesn't."

"Then where does he live?!"

"Not in Gotham." He scoffs.

"What, so do you just call each other all the time? Tell everyone you're dating?" I sigh.

"No!" This only makes Tony smile more. He knows he's close to getting me to break.

"Well, if he doesn't live in Gotham, where does he live?" I grit my teeth and mutter the correct place. "Sorry. What was that? I could've sworn you said the circus." I roll my eyes, shake my head, and start to walk away.

"He must really be a freak if he's stuck in the circus. No wonder you like him." That's it. I spin around and punch him in the eye, and he stumbles backward, holding the side of his face. Students gasp around us. He looks up at me, a bruise already starting to form on his eye.

"Shut the hell up," I say angrily. He just smirks.

"Oh, I think I like this a little better." I grit my teeth. He tries to punch me, but I duck and land a punch to his stomach. He doubles over, trying to catch his breath. "Little girl can punch." My hand forms a fist, cracking the knuckles. I swing a punch at him, but he catches my fist and punches me in the stomach. I gasp for breath, and he punches me again. The second punch brings me back to my senses, and I knee him in the stomach. He steps back, and I tackle him to the ground. There's a loud crack as his head hits the floor, but I doubt he broke anything. I climb on top of him and punch him in the face again and again. I must punch him five times before I'm pulled off of him, my arms held tightly behind me. Some member of Tony's gang helps him up off the floor. His eye is darkly bruised, and blood is dripping from his mouth.

"You son of a bitch!!" I yell. He just laughs. Whoever is holding me drags me away from the crowd and out the front door, pulling me around the side of the building. I pull my arms out of their grip and turn to see that it's Allie.

"What was that all about?" she asks. I run a hand through my messy hair and shake my head. "Come on, C. Talk to me." I growl lowly and punch the side of the building. "Whoa! What the hell are you doing?"

"I messed up," I tell her. "Big time." She sighs as I slide down the side of the building, sitting on the cold, wet grass.

"Cassie, you gotta tell me what's going on." I sigh, looking down at my hands, one of which is dripping with hot red blood.