Unexpected Love - Chapter 2 (JenLisa FF Story)

***JENNIE***

She's weird. I shook my head as I drove back to my grandma's house.

"I'm back, mom."

I shouted as I open the front door. The TV's still on, and I saw mom and grandma sitting on the couch talking.

Mom tilted her head in my direction.

"That's fast."

"I told you. Can I go upstairs?"

I need a rest. My body's aching from our four-hour drive earlier.

"Okay, honey, good night."

"Good night grandma."

I gave grandma a peck on her forehead, and head my way upstairs.

I'll sleep in my mom's room. She said that this space is for me since the theme of the room didn't change—for a young lady like me.

She'll be sharing a room with my grandma, which is great because that means I'll be all alone in that room.

I didn't go straight to the bed when I entered the room, instead, I sat on the study table beside the window. This gives me a perfect view of the night sky. It feels perfect for my coffee, though.

As I put down the cup of coffee I've been holding since I entered the house, I noticed something. There's a note before my name.

"Hope you'll come back, Jennie?" and there's a smiley face after the question mark.

Wait, is she flirting on me?

Everything suddenly flashed back in front of me. Some things I didn't notice when I was standing on the counter.

She was looking straight to my eyes, not blinking. Her face was blank, as if not listening to every word I'm saying. She even stuttered when she spoke. I'm not sure why, but giving me her name is kind of weird. As if she's introducing herself to me.

I stared at the note one more time. "Hope you'll come back, Jennie?" Should I come back? But that would mean I'm interested in her, right?

I shouldn't. I shouldn't because I would not want to flirt with a girl. It's not right!

---

***LISA***

"What was that?"

Tom asked as he dropped me to my house.

"What do you mean what was that?"

My mind is still swirling to the moment when I saw that girl. Oh, she has a name—Jennie.

"It's as if you're in a trance."

His eyebrows went up, body tilted in my direction, and left hand holding the steering wheel.

"Really?"

Is this her effect on me?

"Absolutely!"

He shook his head.

"Is there something bothering you? I'm your best friend, remember? You can tell everything to me."

"Nah, I'm fine. Really... I am... It's just."

I stopped. Should I tell Tom about this girl Jennie who put me in a trance?

"It's just what? Come on, I'm waiting!"

He said impatiently.

"I'm tired, and there's nothing to talk about."

I opened the door and stepped out of his car. I realized I'm not ready to tell him yet. Besides, that girl and I might not see each other again, so what's the point of saying something about it.

"See you!"

I waved and pushed the door close.

He didn't press anymore. I know he's worried about my being absent-minded earlier. But there's nothing wrong.

I walked towards the house. Still no one inside. It's already midnight, and no one's home yet. I just wish someone is there to greet me a good evening or scold me for coming home late.

---

***JENNIE***

I couldn't sleep. This might be because of the coffee I had earlier, or maybe because of the girl who wrote the note on my cup?

"Stop it, Jennie! It's nothing. You should not think about it."

I whispered to myself before my phone beep.

Jisoo: Where are you?

It's Jisoo's message who greeted me when I picked up my phone on the bedside table.

Me: Why are you still awake?

Jisoo: You didn't answer my question, where are you? I went to your house earlier, and no one's answering. I think your phone is off, too?

Me: I'm at my grandma's house. Sorry, my phone died earlier. I'm too surprised that we're staying here for a month, that's why I forgot to charge it.

Jisoo: What? One month? What will you do there? Is there something wrong?

Me: I don't know. I'll ask mom again tomorrow. Or maybe I'll direct my question to my grandma. I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer from them.

Jisoo: Okay. I'll wait.

Me: Wait, why are you looking for me, Jisoo? Something happened?

Jisoo: Nothing's wrong. I just want to have a coffee with my best friend, that's why. But it seems like she doesn't miss me at all.

Me: Yeah, I don't. Hahaha! Just Kidding!

Jisoo: Kidding your face! See you next month then?

Me: See you next month.

I want to tell her about the girl who left a note on my coffee. But is it way too soon or not? I'm torn, though. Besides, why bother telling that story to my best friend? It's nothing, right?

---

***LISA***

I put down the bag of sandwich Tom bought me on my bedside table before I let myself fall on my bed.

Another day had passed. Tomorrow I'll be facing the same things that I have today and yesterday.

I closed my eyes, and just let myself drown in the darkness of my room. Then suddenly, something lit up the moment.

I opened my eyes and muttered.

"That girl. I've never seen her before. Is she just passing by? Does that mean I won't see her again?"

Whoa! There's a lot of questions in my head. Is this her effect on me? I asked myself again. It's the same question I had when I was having a conversation with Tom earlier.

I turned to my right side, facing the window. Recalling every single detail of her feature. I couldn't see any flaws.

Then I realized something and get out of the bed. I 'effin acted weird in front of her! Why on earth did I say my name? Why? I'm almost caught on that. That was so... gay!

---

***JENNIE***

I'm still not sleepy. So I pulled myself out of bed and sat again on the table beside the window. 

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I continued to scan all the houses around. It's dark in every window. Only lamp posts are alive. But someone turned on the lights at the house facing my room. It's on the other side of the road.

Is that person dancing or what? The silhouette is moving fast—left to right. I couldn't really tell what that person is doing because there's a curtain hanging in that window. I could only see the bright light of that room.

I don't think that person will see me from where I'm sitting because I didn't turn on my light. So I just sit there, laughing at how that person moves. If it's a dance, I would love to see it.

Oh, does that person noticed me? It's moving towards the window. I slumped myself to the backrest of my seat. I don't want to be seen.

Then I saw the person behind the curtain opened the window and rest her arms on it. It's... it's her... again!

PLEAS VISIT MY SITE FOR MORE FF STORIES.

See bio for the link https://imbookishgirl.blogspot.com

---