Unexpected Love - Chapter 13 (JenLisa FF Story)

***LISA***

Am I dreaming? Because if I am, it feels so real. And if you'll ask me if I want to wake up, no, I don't want to. Never again.

She pulled away and sat back to her seat. Rested her head on the headrest. Eyes closed. Maybe she's steadying herself before she'll say something about it.

I flattened my back to my seat, too. Breathing heavily, and I could feel my chest pounding up and down. Everything is burning inside, from my cheeks down to my toes.

It took me half a minute to calm myself before I tilted my head towards her to see if she's having the same experience, and it looks like she's also catching her breath just like me.

"Yes, Lisa... I like you... I like you, too."

She breathed in between the phrases, and she only opened her eyes after she said the last word to search mine. Our eyes met. Is she as flustered as I am? How could it be? She's the one who yanked me towards her, right?

"I'm sorry... I caught you off guard."

Though she looked flustered when she opened her eyes to meet mine, it didn't manifest when she spoke. She still sounded composed, as if nothing happened.

I chuckled, then reached for her hand. Her hand is warmer this time, which matches the warmth flowing inside me.

"Well... if being caught off guard means kissing you, I never mind."

She giggled, and I shrugged.

"You're incredible."

I said softly.

Her cheeks reddened with my remark, and that broke our stare from each other. She straightened up and shifted her gaze in front of her.

"You're five minutes is up. Can you let me go?"

"Let you go?"

I shook my head, still looking at her, albeit her eyes are no longer in mine.

"Nah! Now that I have you? I will never let go."

She glared at me, then pulled her hand from my hand to slap me on my arm. I winced at the force it.

"That's so cheesy, and you're giving me more reasons to go home!"

She squinted while suppressing the smile on her face.

I laughed.

"Fine! I know you need to rest now. Let's go?"

"Yeah!"

We stepped out of the car, and I led her to the walkway. Well, I didn't cross the road anymore because she didn't want me to.

"Good night. Well... I won't give you a goodnight kiss anymore. You already had one."

She rolled her eyes.

"Hey! That's a different story. It's not a goodnight kiss!"

I objected playfully.

"Do you want it to be the last?"

She said coldly.

Her tone washed the playfulness inside me because it feels like she meant it.

"Okay... good night."

She smirked before she set her first step towards their house.

"Wait..."

I paused, and that urged her to stop to face me again.