Unexpected Love - Chapter 17 (JenLisa FF Story)

***JENNIE***

Someone knocked on the door, and that forced grandma to stand up to see who's behind it. I wonder who it was, too, because I don't think someone knew where I am aside from mom and grandma.

"Hi, grandma!"

Lisa? Shit! What are you doing here? I want to scream. But because I'm too weak to do that, I just pushed myself up to sit on the bed.

I'm palpitating and this isn't good. I don't want to go back to that unconscious state. So, I closed my eyes and tried to breathe as hard as I could to relax my body.

"Lisa! Come in. How did you know we're here?"

Grandma said as she widens the door in front of her.

Looking at her gave me the impression that she's as bewildered as I am. And the way she asked her question convinced me that she wanted to know more. Like, how does this thing leaked in the neighborhood?

Lisa stopped in front of grandma and waited for her to close the door before she walked towards me.

"Reena told me."

Mom told her? Seriously? Is she telling the truth? What the...? Is mom testing me?

"Whoa! Seriously? She told you?"

Grandma's now standing at the left side of the bed, confused. While Lisa already found herself a seat to sit in.

Is mom playing tricks on us now since she knows that grandma is on my side rather than hers?

Lisa placed the brown bag she's been holding since she entered the room in her lap before she went back to grandma's question.

"Yeah. She knocked on my door and told me that Jennie's here."

"Really? What else did she tell you?"

"Hmm... not much. Have you had your breakfast already? I bought something for you two."

It looks like she doesn't have any idea why I'm here. Aside from that, I don't think mom said nasty things to her because she looks so fine.

She opened the bag and handed grandma a sandwich and then pulled the other two—one for her and one for me.

"Are you sure? I mean... nothing more aside from telling you we're here in the hospital?"

"Hmm... we talked for a while."

She paused then removed the plastic covering of my sandwich before she gave it to me. Then pulled something again in her brown bag, a carton of milk.

"Have this, so you'll gain some strength, okay?"

She smiled and placed it on the bedside table.

I know she wanted to do more. Give me a hug or a kiss, maybe. But because grandma is here with us, she knows she needs to tame herself.

Grandma opened her sandwich, and then perched at the foot of the bed, waiting for Lisa to continue what she was saying. Well, I'm wondering about it, too.

"She just wanted me to promise to protect Jennie... with whatever things we'll face."

"You mean... she's accepting you and Jennie being together?"

Grandma was as confused as I am. Or maybe she's more confused than I am because her eyes widened and her mouth left agape after she spoke.

"Hmm... I think so. I mean... she seemed all right with it. Though it looks like, she's only saying that because she doesn't have a choice. That Jennie and I will still find ways to see each other, no matter how much she tells Jennie to stop seeing me."