Unexpected Love - Chapter 18 (JenLisa FF Story) The Finale

***LISA***

I still couldn't believe what I've heard from mom before and after dinner. And I couldn't wait to tell Jennie about it.

Well, should I tell her? I mean... will it hurt mom if I'll let Jennie know about her secret? Or... is it even a secret? I really couldn't decide because all I want is to talk to Jennie and let out all this information to her.

Anyway, I've already dialed her number, so... I think I'll just give in to my desire to tell our moms' story.

I walked towards my window to check if her light is still on, while I press my phone on my ear. Hmm... and it looks like she's still awake. The lights are still open, though I couldn't see anything inside because of the curtain hanging on it.

"Hey, Jennie."

I mumbled when she answered my call.

"Hey, it's a long day, isn't it?"

I bent and rested my forearms on the window stool before I answered, still staring at her window. Hoping she'll appear behind the curtain. Sadly, she didn't.

"Yeah! It is, and there are a lot of things going on... you know."

"Hmm... I agree, and I have some good news for you."

Her tone seemed to be more enthusiastic this time than when we talked earlier in the hospital, which is low and full of uncertainty.

"Oh, really? What's that?"

"Mom and I already talked."

I heard sheets rubbing at each other, and I'm guessing she just shifted to another position.

"And... what about? I mean... give me the details."

I said excitedly. Though I already have an idea about it, I still want to know everything.

"But before that... can you still go out? I mean, I know it's already late, but it's better to talk over a cup of coffee or maybe visit the diner for fries?"

I asked. Hoping that she'll say yes. But, of course, it's already ten o'clock, so the probability of her saying no is bigger than answering me with a yes. Yet still, I'm hoping. So... please... say yes.

"Hmm... I don't know. It's already late, and... I don't think mom will be okay with it."

I paused. Though I already knew it, her answer still disappoints me.

"But..."

I heard her spoke again, but paused for a few seconds. Is she going to say yes now?

"I want to see you... and maybe... I could just leave a note to mom that I couldn't sleep and will have something to eat. What do you think?"

I don't know why, but I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Hearing her say she wants to see me gave butterflies to every single part of my body.

"Hmm... I think it's a brilliant idea. So... wait for you outside?"

"Yeah, see you outside."

I clicked the end button and ran to my door still smiling.

Gosh! I feel free. I feel like there's nothing more to worry about. Like... the universe is turning to the direction where I want it to be.

"Lisa?"

I almost tripped at the staircase because mom's voice startled me. Now my heart is pounding furiously.

I whirled towards her, and she's standing in her door with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Mom! You scare me!"