Unexpected Love - Chapter 11 (JenLisa FF Story)

***JENNIE***

I climbed the stairs as quiet as I could. I don't want to wake anyone since it's already late. Also, I'd rather savor the moment we had at the front walk than talk to anyone at this hour.

Grandma's bedroom door opened as I reached the top. It's mom.

"You just arrived?"

She whispered under the lightless hallway.

I walked towards her and kissed her cheek before I answered her question.

"Yes, mom."

I said softly.

"How was it? Did her mom treat you nicely?"

I'm guessing she was already dreaming when I arrived and just woke up to check if it's me who opened the door.

"Why don't you rest mom? It's already late. I'll tell you everything tomorrow."

She deserves a rest since she rarely had one after she moved to the new office. She's filled with lots of training and new tasks. But even though she goes to the office as early as her usual time and comes home late, I never heard her complain.

"Better idea, honey. Let's talk tomorrow."

She kissed me on my forehead and uttered her good night before she shut the door and left me in the hallway.

I smiled and nodded, even though I know it's impossible to talk to her nowadays.

---

***LISA***

I couldn't erase the smile on my face even after I tucked myself under the sheet, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Well, I wasn't expecting a good-night kiss from her. But even though it was only on my cheek, and not like those good-night kisses I've seen on TVs and movies, I still treasure it because it was my first.

I closed my eyes. Trying to recall every single part of that moment, which in my surprise, everything flashed back without exerting so much effort.

The sound of her voice calling my name soothes me until this very moment. And the way she slowly took her step towards me still make my heart stops pounding.

The smell of her perfume is still lingering in my head, and the touch of her lips... are like silk caressing my entire body.

Why do you have such an effect on me?

I sighed.

"You're making me fall for you even more."

I whirled to my other side and retrieved my phone. Without further battle, if I'll send her a good night message or not, I typed the message instantaneously and clicked the send button.

Me: Good night!

Me: Have a good night's sleep!

Should I thank her for the kiss? No! I should not.

And when I'm about to throw it back to where I picked it up, it beeped.

Jennie: Good night, too!

---

***JENNIE***

I sauntered to the dining room as soon as I noticed that Jisoo is no longer on my side.

Maybe she's with grandma having breakfast. Well, I'm right with my guess because she's already sitting and laughing with grandma when I stood on the doorway.