Unexpected Love - Chapter 5 (JenLisa FF Story)

***JENNIE***

I couldn't take off the smile on my face even after we're done seeing all the rooms in the gallery. It's like a heaven for artists of any kind.

There are huge paintings, and sculptures that I didn't know would be possible to do.

All these people who contributed to that gallery are a gift from God for people like me who love to stare at beautiful things here on earth.

"What do you want to eat?"

She asked while we're walking back to the parking lot.

Her voice brought me back to my senses. I'm not complaining though since I could now feel the hunger that I've forgotten while we're roaming around in that heavenly place.

I turned to her like a kid who's excited for lunch.

"Pizza?"

She smiled.

"I was thinking the same thing. Well, I know a place here. Is it okay if we'll walk? Just a five-minute walk, don't worry."

"No problem. Let's go!"

I marched happily to the direction she pointed to me. And even though the sun is too hot for me to endure, I didn't complain because this happiness is so overpowering.

The next thing I know is we're already standing in front of the Pizzeria she suggested earlier.

She pulled the door for me, and we sat next to the glass wall so we could have the outside view. It's so picturesque, and I won't mind sitting there the whole day.

"We'll have this and this. What do you think?"

She said as she pointed to the Hawaiian Pizza and Alfredo on the menu.

I nodded.

"Sure".

"Anything else?"

The waitress was waiting beside her, ready to write the next thing she'll say.

"Do they have chicken soup?"

I asked.

I look back at the view outside and heard her asked the waitress if they have my order.

I don't know if she said yes or no because I didn't hear her answer her question. She might have just nodded to it instead.

"You sure you're good with our order?"

She pressed.

I turned my gaze back at her.

"Yeah."

I smiled.

She shook her head, smiling.

"What?"

She stopped shaking her head and suppressed the smile she just recently showed. It's so funny though.

"Nothing."

I laughed. I think I know why she's smiling like that.

"You think I'm crazy, right?"

"If honesty means a lot to you, I'd answer that with a 'Yes'."

Her smile is so wide, which made me smile back at her.

"Well, you've been wearing that smile for several hours now. So what do you want me to think about that? It feels strange. You know."

Then she gave me a poker face for a second and laughed afterward.

"You know what I realized?"

I asked.

"What?"

I tried to put on my serious expression before I said my next words to her.

"I'm starting to hate you."

She paused, and then laughed with me as I let go of my poker face.

The waitress finally came back with our order and we took our first bite as soon as she walked back to the counter.

---

***LISA***

"Hmm... this is heaven."

I blurted out.

"I know! And I'm starving... for real."

She said as she took the first bite of her pizza.

"Really? It looks like you're not thinking about food earlier."

I eyed her while twirling the pasta on my fork.

"I don't know. I'm just so captivated by that place, so I forgot that I need to fill my stomach."

"Well, even me was whipped by the beauty of that gallery."

She put down her pizza on her plate.

"And thank you for bringing me there. I know, I already said my thank you to you earlier, but I want to say it again, and again. You have no idea how happy I am right now."

I believe her. The spark in her eyes says it all.

If you're captivated by the beauty of that place, well, you captivated me with your beautiful smile.

Of course, I didn't dare myself to say that, so I just keep it to myself. I just hope one day I could tell those words to her, but now, I'll just enjoy this moment with her.

"Can we visit it again? When you're not busy, of course."

"Just let me know when, and I'll make an arrangement. I always want to ditch the coffee shop, you know."

"You sure? Because I won't forget that."

"Of course..."

For you...