Non-Existent Memories

They didn't know she existed? But how? They were laughing together just yesterday!

"Let me explain." Professor Aruno gave Otacross a nod and the latter waved his stick in the air again. A hologram appeared between them. "You see, thanks to the current crisis, not only has worlds began to merge, but the walls between the different timelines had begun to thin as well. That allowed me to pull you two away from yours."

"So it's not that the people were disappearing in our timeline, it's that you pulled us into the dimension that's already in crisis." Kimiko theorized. "And the black box you put us in is just to make transporting us here easier for you."

"Exactly." He turned to the other blonde. "You see, Eva. The Ban, Hiro, Ran, Jin and all the others that you see before you right now are from a different timeline. One where you don't exist in."

She felt her chest twist.

"The same goes for Kimiko. The Tenma, Tsurugi, Shindou, even the Fei and Wandaba, and the rest of Shinsei Inazuma Japan that are here right now-"

"Aren't the ones I know in my timeline." She crossed her arms. "Yeah. That was pretty clear. Fei and Wandaba are pretty surprising, but then again, they aren't warping beings like you are."

Hiro turned to the professor. "So then, Eva is from our world..."

"... While Kimiko is from ours." Tenma finished.

"One more question, professor." Kimiko raised her hand up, only continuing when he nodded. "Why do Eva and I look so much alike?"

Eva turned to stare at her again. Now that they were in a better lighting, she was able to see her features clearer. Their facial structures were very similar. Aside their outfits, the only things different about them were their eye colors. Hers were red, Kimiko's are purple. That, and Kimiko has pink streaks in her hair.

"It's interesting, isn't it?" He smiled. "You two are like parallel twins! Only you're from roughly two hundred years in the future, while she is, as of this moment, a year older than you! Isn't time just fascinating?"

"Sure..." If by 'fascinating', you mean 'confusing' then...

"Anyway, now that that's aside, shall I catch you both up to speed with what is currently happening?" Professor Aruno offered. "Ban, Hiro, Tenma, and the others can get on to doing what they were going to do before all this."

"Oh, right. We'll go on ahead then." Tenma waved at them with a smile. "Eva, Kimiko, when you're ready, we'd like to get to know you both better."

"And your timelines too!" Ban chimed in.

Kimiko waved and Eva gave them a nod. They walked off in separate directions.

~~~~~

"Whoa! It's alive! So cute!" Tenma, Shinsuke, Kariya, and Aoi watched as the tiny robot moved across the table.

"This is an LBX." Hiro explained.

"LBX..."

"This one's my favorite." He made it pose. "Ikaros Force!"

"Whoa!"

"So these LBXs are popular in Hiro's world?" Aoi asked.

"Yes, very popular." Ami and Kazu stood back as their rookie friend continue to rile them into their hobby.

"And that is?" Shinsuke pointed at the phone-like device he's holding.

"Ah," He showed them the front side. There were more buttons on it than on a regular phone. "This is a CCM. You use it to control the LBX."