Bonding Through Hobbies

The next day, Ban, Hiro, and Ran headed into the Duck Shuttle as soon as they finished breakfast. The soccer children wondered what was going on, but it didn't take long to find out.

The three came out again with large smiles on their faces. Ban gestured for them to make some space. "D-cube, set up!"

He threw in a tiny, blue cube to the given space, and it spread out, turning into a tiny diorama with table legs.

"Whoa!" Shinsuke, who was the closest, fell off his feet when it grew. The rest stared at the white box in wonder.

"That was a D-cube." Hiro explained. "By pressing the button on the top, the box expanded to its maximum size."

"When a D-Cube transforms, the box turns into what we call a diorama, used to conduct LBX battles for safety regulations." Ran continued. "This one, for example, is the Rocky Hills. It has good hiding spots if you use LBXs specialized with range-type weapons."

"That's amazing!" Kinako and Shinsuke jinxed, running over to take a closer look.

Nishiki kept blinking in disbelief. "You mean that tiny thing had all this packed in it?!"

"You'd be surprised with just how varied the dioramas are." Yuuya chimed in. "There's about 11 of the standard ones in total."

"Some even have water that you can dive into." Kazu added. "Others also have snow, lava, and many more."

"No way, that's amazing!" Taiyou smiled.

"It's like a miniature Roulette Stadium." Hakuryuu smirked. "Right, Tsurugi?"

"If it has lava, then wouldn't this be even more dangerous?"

"How does this box keep it all in, though?" Fei asked.

"It's made from the fortified cardboard." Ami replied. "They may not look like much, but they have an 80% impact absorption rate. So even when we use our special functions, they won't endanger the players' lives."

"I want to watch a battle!" Tenma suddenly exclaimed. "Ban! Hiro! Please show us how you do it!"

The two turned to each other with a smile. "I have a slightly better idea." Hiro stated. He turned to the blonde watching the lake. "Eva!"

She jumped. "W-what?" Turning around, she found many eyes on her. Trying to remain calm, she focused on the boy's eyes only. "What is it, Hiro?"

"Let's have a battle!"

"Wha... N-now?!"

Ami marched up to her and grabbed her by the arms, smiling. "Yes. Now."

"Eh?!" She was dragged to the diorama and looked around at the crowd, slightly uneasy. "Er... Okay, I guess... Who am I battling against?"

"You'll have to face my Vamp-"

"Triton!" The blue LBX hopped into the field as the black and white haired boy walk up to the diorama.

"Wha- Jin, no fair!" Asuka whined. "I wanted to go!"

"Calm down, Asuka." Jessica chuckled. "I think Jin should have this one."

"Why?!"

"Well, we all know about Jin's skills when it comes to quick kills. If this fight takes over half a minute long, we'll know she's good."

"Aww man... Fine."

Jin, huh... How long has it been since our last spar? Or rather... She nervously glanced up at him. Is he even the same as the Jin I know?