What We Hold Dear

Tenma's eyes widened when Hakuryuu and Taiyou ran into each other.

"What are you doing, Taiyou?!"

"What are you talking about? I'm playing soccer!"

"I'm not talking about this!"

Tsurugi stopped running to look at what's happening.

Asta was smirking.

"Kirino!" Shindou's voice resounded. "I know you really want to win, but that kind of action is dangerous!"

"Same to you!" The punk haired boy shot back.

"Geez, you pass the ball so slow!" Nishiki grumbled.

Kariya glared back at him. "You're one to talk, Nishiki-senpai!"

"You'd better keep focus!"

Kinako nervously looked back and forth at them all.

Tenma frowned. "What's wrong with everyone?"

~~~~~

Vampire Cat took out a Blue Nogue, only to have it fall on top of Jeanne D.

"Asuka, what the heck are you doing?!"

"I'm not doing it on purpose, so what's the problem?!"

Liu Bei switched to a gun and began shooting at a Red Sol. The latter landed, but avoid the shot at the last second, making him hit Triton instead.

"Be careful, Yuuya!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"It's not about what you meant or not! Be more aware of your surroundings!"

Hiro frowned. "Everyone..."

~~~~~

"You see... Hatred arising from fighting."

Eva and Kimiko looked up at the voice before turning their attention back to the screens below. All they could feel was helplessness, just as she had said before.

"Infighting is normal, right?" Kimiko bit her lip as she thought. "As long as Tenma, Kyou, and Kinako aren't arguing, they'd find a way to fix this... Somehow..."

"Ban, Hiro, and Ran too..." Eva muttered. "Those three had always pulled the rest along. This time should be no different." She observed her surroundings. All around them were metal, and behind them, she could sense electrical wires. This ship is just one big computer... "Miko. I think I found a way out."

~~~~~

"Just leave it all to me!" Hakuryuu charged ahead, kicking the ball towards the goal.

"Asterisk Rock!" Asta blocked the shot all too easily.

He began to run through the field, his team passing by all who got in their way. Eventually, Taiyou managed to steal the ball back and tried to make a shot, but he was blocked by the goalkeeper's Shining Hole.

"Damn!"

It didn't take long for Asta to get back to the front of their goal and scored with Dimension Storm. Shinsuke had his Mixi Trans back on and tried to catch the ball, but he was knocked away by the shot.

Tsurugi used Devil Burst, but was blocked by Destiny Cloud.

Asta scored another goal without a hissatsu.

"Inazuma Japan keeps losing points!" The scoreboard showed 1-2, Destructchers in the lead.

"Shinsuke, are you okay?!" Tenma ran over to his battered friend.