Chapter one: The child

A/n my first IronDad fanfic, please be nice and tell me if you like it, hope you enjoy 🤗- Clato3
Tony Stark, hated walking in the rain, actually he hated the rain in general. It always made him feel lonelier then he already was, you would think that being the Ceo of Strak Industries would mean that he had tons of friends. But the fact was he didn't, his parents had died in a car crash a couple of years ago and even though he had a few friends like Rhodey, Happy, Pepper and Obidah. He had no one to care about and no one really cared about him, so after the drunk people at his party became to much he decided to take a walk. 'What is my purpose anyway, I know that I was put into this world for some reason but what is that reason. I can't be destined to be like my father all my life, ' He thought to himself, as he began to walk back to his tower, he heard a faint cry in a nearby alley way. "Hello? " He asked wondering if someone was just trying to scare him, no one answered so he figured he just been hearing things but then he heard the sound again. He walked into the alleyway looking for the source of the noise, and to his surprise it was coming from a dumpster. 'Maybe its just a raccoon or an alley cat, ' he thought to himself but something told him that it wasn't. Taking a deep breath he opened the dumpster and was shocked to see that inside was a young boy, who looked no older then a year. The boy had only a blanket on him and he seemed to be freezing cold, he also appeared to be quite thin and had some injurys on his face.
"Who in the world would do this to a kid? " He asked picking the small child up, the baby flinched for a moment but then his crying seemed to stop as soon as he laid eyes on Tony. "I need to get this kid help, " he said taking out his cellphone and calling Pepper, "Tony where have you been, the press has been looking all over the tower for you. " Pepper said through the phone sounding quite annoyed "I needed some air, but that's not important right now I found a kid in an alleyway and he needs help immediately. I need you to stall the press for a little longer until I get back, " Tony explained "I'll do my best and please don't do anything stupid Tony. " Pepper said and then hung up, Tony then ran carefully to a nearby hospital and despite only knowing the kid for a few minutes, he was worried that the poor thing wasn't going to make it. "Will he make it? " Tony asked "he's very weak, I'll do what I can please wait outside Mr. Stark" Was all the doctor said and Tony didn't feel satisfied with that answer.
He waited for almost three hours and was beginning to think that the kid was a goner but then the doctor came out, "it was a hard fought battle we almost lost him twice but he's going to recover but he will most likely suffer from health problems in the future due to this, what is your relationship with this child, are you his father? " She asked "no I found him alone in the dumpster in a nearby alley way, I don't even know his name. " Tony explained "We believe his name is name is Peter Parker, Mr. Stark the name was stitched on his blanket, " The doctor told him writing something down on a clipboard she was holding. "He's going to need to stay here until he recovers and then we can look for his family. " "What if I look after him, you know until you find any of his relatives, " the sentence had come out of his month before he could even think. "Are you sure that is a wise idea Mr. Stark? From what I've heard you don't have the healthiest life style. " The doctor said giving him a confused look, "I know Dr. Stacy, but this kid needs me. I can't explain it but I feel like this is what I have too, " "I'll see what I can do, but your guardianship of him will only be temporary so as hard as it may be don't get too attached to him, because one day your going to have to let Peter go so he can be with his family. " Dr. Stacy explained and Tony simply nodded, she then went to another room and made some phone calls, while Tony called Pepper again to explain what his decision was. "Tony are you crazy, you don't know the first thing about raising a kid?! " Pepper asked in disbelief and shock "I'm not crazy Pepper, I just finally know what I have to do. "