Chapter Eight: Nice work kid

It was during the night of the Stark expo that Peter saw Iron man in person for the first time.  He had run away from his aunt and uncle so he could get closer and see Tony but then drones started attacking and one came upon Peter believing he was Iron man due to his helmet, Peter wasn't afraid and he stuck out his glove looking like he was ready to blast the drone. But then out of nowhere, the real Iron man appeared behind him and blasted the drone into hundreds of pieces. Peter was shocked, he looked down at his glove wondering how that had happened but then he saw Iron man, "nice work kid, " he said and then he flew off. Peter was amazed and watched Iron man fly away, he knew this was a moment he wouldn't forget. "Peter sweetie where are you?! " May called out frantically looking for her nephew, when she found him she hugged him and told him she had been looking for him everywhere. However Peter was still focused on what had just happened only a few moments ago, "Auntie May,  Mr. Stark saved me I saw him and he spoke to me. " Peter exclaimed unable to hold in his excitement "I am very grateful for that but please don't run off again Peter, you nearly gave me a heart attack. " May exclaimed and Peter apologized for scarring her, "come on sweetie we should go, its not safe to be here. " May said picking her nephew up and Peter frowned, "but all the people need help, " Peter said in a sad tone. "I'm sure Mr. Stark will save the day, he is Iron man after all. "
***********
Meanwhile Tony was watching the whole scene from his Iron suit, he had no idea that the kid he had just saved was Peter. He never thought he would ever cross paths with him again, it made his whole body almost burst. 'I've never seen somebody get so excited about seeing me, except for maybe the press. ' Tony thought "sir it appears that Hammer has taken over the drones including Mr. Rhodes's War Machine armor. " "You mean that wyplash guy who I stopped during that race, fire up the weapons on full capassaity Jarvis, he almost blew up Peter and he's going to pay for it! " Tony yelled, he hated the fact that Peter almost got hurt. 'Buddy why did you have to make such a good replica of my helmet? ' He thought to himself as he flew off, he made a new vow that day, now that he was a Superhero  he was going to do whatever he could to keep Peter safe. The thought itself was selfish since he was supposed to protect everyone, but he also needed to protect the one thing he couldn't live without and that was Peter.