Chapter six: I am Iron Man

Tony was never the same after that, even months later he was broken, actually broken was an understatement. He was beyond broken, Pepper didn't know how in the world he would recover from this, it hurt her to always see him act the way he did. He became a cold and self-centered person, constantly had parties where he would get drunk, and almost every night he would take a woman to bed only for the women to leave the next morning. The distance between him and Stane was no so incredibly strained that she was surprised they even still worked together. 'It's his way of dealing with the pain, ' she told herself over and over but as the years went on it was becoming clear that now this was just who Tony was going to be. One thing she didn't know was that every night, while she was asleep, Tony would sneak into his lab and look through the taps he had on Peter. Ever since he had left, Tony made it his secret life mission to keep an eye on him, just in case he needed him. Though now the kid was almost six years old, and probably had no memory of his stay at the tower, it filled the empty hole in Tony's heart.
"Good evening sir, " Jarvis said as Tony entered the lab "likewise buddy, any updates? " Tony asked "it would appear that Peter's Aunt and Uncle are taking him in, Mary and Richard Parker have unfortunately died. " "I never liked the two anyway, " Tony stated as he looked through some other files, he knew it was selfish of him to keep watch of a kid he wasn't his, but he couldn't help it. He missed Peter so much and without the kid, he was nothing but a self-centered rich womanizer. "Sir, it would appear that tomorrow is August tenth, " Jarvis stated and Tony grimaced, was it that time already? August tenth was Peter's birthday and every year he anonymously sent the kid a present. "I need something special for him, " Tony said but he wasn't sure what he would get, what did Peter want more than anything? Little did he know the next morning he unknowingly got his answer, while on the way to make a sale in Afghanistan a group of terrorists attacked him. The explosion caused a sharpel to enter his heart and he would have died if Yinsen hadn't saved him with an Arc reactor. The two built a suit made of Iron and Tony escaped from the cave, before he left, however, a dying Yinsen told him 'not to waste his life'. That day changed the rest of Tony's life, he announced that Stark industries would stop making weapons much to Stane's shock and instead built an Iron suit of his own, he added Jarvis to it along with a few features of his own. He went around the city saving the day and was known as Iron Man, during this time he discovered that Stane had been the one to attack him and also was the one who called in Peter's parents. Beyond furious with him Tony went after him and after a long battle against Obediah in his own suit, he put a stop to all of Stane's plans. During a press conference, he was told by Nick Fury the director of Shield to keep his identity secret, but then he put his cards down and announced to the whole world "I am Iron Man, " he didn't know it than but his life wasn't the only one that changed that day.