five

Chapter Five: "All That You Can't Leave Behind"
Season 1, Episode 5:

Chapter Five: "All That You Can't Leave Behind" Season 1, Episode 5:

____

thomas sat down beside lucas in karen's cafe as they looked through the newspaper finding peyton's comic strip, when the bell from the rings.

thomas turns to see haley standing near the door before she walks out as lucas follows after haley, "luke!" thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "what the hell is going on?"

thomas stood up from his chair at the counter taking off his apron coming out of the cafe stopping when he sees haley and lucas talking to each other, "how long are we gonna do this?"

haley looked at lucas, "do what?" thomas looked in between them, "avoid each other," haley looks back at lucas, "you tell me, you're the one upset,"

thomas hides behind a door, "and you're the one who lied to me," haley looked at lucas, "i don't know what to say to you, luke," lucas walks closer towards haley, "just explain to me why you were with thomas and why addy was with nathan, huh?"

haley shrugged her shoulders, "i can't," lucas looked at her, "you know i feel about you two together, haley," lucas walks back towards the cafe, "lucas, fine!"

haley sighs, "addy is gonna hate me for this," she lets out a breath, "yes, she knows how you feel about him, but there is something you don't know,"

haley bit her lip, "she promised nathan she would tutor him if he left you alone," haley looked at him, "and yes, i know how you feel when me and thomas keep secrets from you, but there is something you don't know," lucas shrugged his shoulders at her, "i promised tom i'd tutor him if we didn't tell you,"

"what?"

haley looked at lucas, "me and addy doing it for you, luke," haley walks away from lucas as thomas frowns as he comes into the cafe getting his apron back around his waist.

____

thomas stood behind the counter as lucas looked at him then towards haley, "i'm an idiot," haley looked at lucas, "i know,"

thomas looked at them, "i'm gonna- i'm gonna.." he just points over towards some customers moving away from the both of them as haley and lucas just laugh at their best friend.

a customer looked at thomas, "hey thomas, i'm looking forward to seeing you play in the father/son game this year," thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "what father and son game?"

the man looked at thomas, "they do it every year, the ravens.." thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "well, i guess it's a new thing for you," the man pats thomas's back.

____

matt looked at son who comes down the stairs, "hey thomas, have you seen this article?" thomas furrowed his eyebrows as he comes into the kitchen.