twenty-eight

Chapter Twenty-Eighh: "We Might as Well Ne Strangers"
Season 2, Episode 6

Chapter Twenty-Eighh: "We Might as Well Ne Strangers" Season 2, Episode 6

____

lucas walked beside thomas towards the water fountain, "so, how did it go with that girl?" lucas turned to his best friend, "what girl?"

"the girl you haven't stopped thinking about since date night, the one who helped us in the mall," lucas looked at his best friend, "remember that dare felix was talking about, the one in the photo booth,"

thomas nods his head, "we did that, she helped and we also get 5 dollars in cents from the water fountain," lucas takes out the photo booth photos from his jean pocket showing his best friend who smiles, "aww, you guys look cute,"

lucas takes the photos from his best friend's hand who chuckles, "hahaha," lucas throws the five dollar in cents into the water fountain, "come on, i need you to come with me to coach whitey,"

thomas holds onto his bag strap following after lucas towards coach whitey's office, taking his hand away from his bag strap knocking onto coach's door, "hey, coach,"

thomas and lucas come into whitey's office, "mr scott, mr smith," thomas half smiled at their basketball coach, "how are you feeling?"

"like a schoolgirl in springtime, what can i do for you boys?"

thomas looked at their basketball coach, "well we just wanted to talk to you about your surgery," coach whitey's face falls, "keith had told us..."

coach whitey looks at them, "who gives a damn what keith says," thomas frowns, "it's not his life," lucas looked at him, "okay," he turned away from whitey looking at his best friend who shrugged his shoulders, "we just don't know why you're not going through with the surgery,"

"thomas, lucas," the two boys looked at each other then back to their coach, "do you know how my wife died?" thomas and lucas both shake their heads, "in surgery, like 20,000 other people a year,"

"and i don't plan to be one of them,"

lucas looked at whitey, "look, coach.." coach whitey slams his hand onto his desk standing up from his chair, "no, you look!" thomas backs up, "we are not in season, there's no practice, now i want you both to turn around and get the hell out of my office and mind your own damn business,"

thomas grabs a hold of lucas's hoodie pulling his best friend out of their coach's office, "come on, let's go.." they walk out of coach whitey's office.

____

"what are these auditions?"

thomas looks down at the flyer in addison and nathan's hands, "oh um, i think peyton's having an all-ages night at karen's club," haley looked at her husband and their friends, "she's probably looking for bands or something,"

nathan and addison smiled, "why don't you two go on?" thomas looked at his sister, "what no? that's haley's thing," haley looked at her husband, "we all know you can play the guitar and sing,"