Chapter 2

"Haven't you learned to never let your guard down?"

I just about jump out of my skin.

Well that would've been my reaction if I wasn't trained to ignore my "flight" response. In the inside I got a fright, but on the outside I'm emotionless and nonchalant.

A dark, hooded figure creeps around the corner.

"Hello Amethyst, long time no see," my boss says, as if he's my friend.

"Can I just get the folder and go please, I have better things to do than wait around for you to show up." I say impatiently. There's no way I'm just scared and want to get the hell out of here. It's definitely not that at all.

As if he read my mind he sarcastically asks," Scared, are we? "

"No, I'm just eager to get on with the mission, you made me wait a whole day just for one folder."

He then gives me a folder, with a single sheet of paper in it. All my excitement completely flies out the window. Only one page? How am I supposed to thoroughly do this with such little information!? I must've had a look of utter irritation on my face, because my boss chuckled at my reaction.

"You must remember that you're going undercover for a reason, if all the information was given to you on a silver platter, it would be a regular hit-and-run mission, and where's the fun in that?"

"So you're telling me, that I have to spend months undercover, just observing the target, excluding actually eliminating them!?" I demand.

"Well we can't do all the work for you, you are the worker after all," he says smugly. "Now, obviously you won't be able to become the target's bodyguard without any sort of trial or interview, so in about a week, one of the bodyguards will be in town, to interview you and see if you've got what it takes to work with them"

I scoff at that, I can slit their throat if I feel like it, and yet I still have to take a test. Ridiculous.

"I'll send more information about the interview in a day or two and all the information that we have is in that folder, you're dismissed," he confirms.

I swiftly creep out of the alleyway and walk along the well-lit street. I scowl the entire way home, irritated. I unlock the front door and slam it behind me, throwing the useless folder onto the table in irritation. I drop down into a chair and open the folder. There lies a single page, and only half of it is neatly typed, while the rest is blank. It stares at me and I blankly stare back. I don't register a thing that it says, but I've never been given a mission that contains barely any information! I finally read the page:

INFORMATION

NAME: Isabelle Hart

AGE: 21

OCCUPATION: Instagram Influencer

ADDITIONAL INFO:

She has three of her own bodyguards, who live in the same mansion as the family, and she is looking for a fourth bodyguard.

She lives on the third story of the mansion.

She is often out with her friends during the day.

She is the daughter of a wealthy CEO.

That's it!?