Chapter 5

We let the baggage carousel circle one more time. Liam and I are the only two people from our flight that's still waiting by the baggage claim. There's only one suitcase left, and it's definitely not Liam's. Last time I checked, he didn't have a pastel pink suitcase covered in Hello Kitty stickers.

"I think this is a lost cause, maybe somebody else took it by accident," I say, "We can just go inform the worker by the desk over there."

"Of course somebody mistakenly thought my grey suitcase was their girly one." Liam grumbles, and then sighs, before he walks off to the desk. I slowly walk after him, pushing the luggage trolley towards him. By the time I get closer, he turns around and walks over to me.

"They said they'd call me if anyone returns it, now come on, we should get going." He offers to push the luggage trolley for me, but I refuse, it won't kill me to do it by myself. We go through one last security check before they let us leave. We walk out and see crowds of people waiting for their friends and loved ones. We walk past all of them and continue walking towards the exit. Liam starts walking towards a young girl, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I wonder if that's his sister.

"Liam, I'm glad to see that you arrived in one piece," she noticed that Liam was empty handed, "but clearly your luggage didn't." Liam grumbled at this. They both hugged and the girl noticed me when they separated.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, you have no idea who I am," she laughed, "I'm Cadenza Kaberline, Liam's sister." She extended her hand, and I reluctantly shook it. "Heather." I reply. Liam suddenly cleared his throat and mumbled, "You mean younger sister." Cadenza glared at him and spoke up, "Only by a few minutes, now come on, let's go home."

We followed her into the parking lot and she walks toward a nice looking car. She unlocks the trunk and I unload my huge suitcase into it. Liam quickly leaves the luggage trolley with the rest in the trolley-bay that's closest to the car. I sit in the back, while Liam sits with his sister in the front. Cadenza turns the radio on and adjusts the volume, before starting the car. We slowly drive through the parking lot and make our way towards the exit. Liam and Cadenza are having a hushed conversation, but the music drowns them out. We're driving along the highway now, when we suddenly come to a slow stop. Cadenza slumps against her seat with a sigh. I glance out of the window, and the highway is lined with cars, all standing bumper-to-bumper. LA traffic. Great.

The air is filled with the sound of car horns. Like that's gonna make the traffic magically disappear.

Cadenza lowers the volume of the radio, until the music is barely audible. "So Heather, Liam told me that you kicked his ass when you two were trainig together," Cadenza says, "that's pretty impressive."

"Thank you, I've been training for many years."

Cadenza immediately adjusts the volume of the radio again and she exchanges a few hushed sentences sentences with Liam. I heard my name come up a few times in their conversation, but I couldn't interpret anything else. I wonder what they're talking about. I never got to find out, because clearly the conversation was over, and I wasn't really in the mood to start another one. I grabbed my earphones and plugged them into my phone, so I can listen to my own music.

The sound of LA traffic slowly started to faded away.

~~~

I open my eyes a bit and acknowledge that a hand is slowly coming towards my face, even though I'm still half-asleep. I jolt awake and slap the hand away as quickly as I possibly can. "Ow, what was that for!?" Liam suddenly exclaims in shock. "You woke me up." I grumble, and slowly sit up straight. "Well, I've been trying to wake you up for the past three minutes," he explained, "I was tapping your shoulder, but that wasn't working, so-" I interrupt him, "You could've just yelled or something."

He frowns when I say that and says, "Well I was waking you up because we're here." he gestures towards a huge mansion, "Cadenza already took the luggage inside." I must've been asleep for a while. Judging from the fading light, it took us a while to get through the traffic. Liam moves out of the way as I climb out of the car and I close the door behind me. The doors automatically lock and we make our up the paved path leading to the front door. The mansion is huge, with four  floors and a massive front garden. The lawn is neatly trimmed and hedges line the fence.

We reach the front door and go inside, walking into a huge entrance hall. There's a grand staircase that leads to the other floors, and huge, intricately carved archways revealing the rest of the rooms on this floor. My shoes click when I walk on the marble tiles as I follow Liam further into the entrance hall. We walk through the archway on the left and enter what seems to be the dining room.

The room contains one of those long tables, with plenty of comfortable looking chairs, a couple of bookshelves, a cozy fireplace, and a smaller arch, leading to what I assume is the kitchen. Cadenza is sitting in one of the chairs, scrolling through her phone. She looks up at as when we walk in. "There you are, you guys took forever." she says.

"Well, we would've been here sooner if madam over here didn't bite my head off."Liam explains.

"Well don't wake me up by trying to touch my face then!"

"Can you two please stop," Cadenza exclaims, "you sound so childish!" we immediately stop arguing. Ugh, I don't have the energy to argue anyway.

"So where's Carter then?" Liam asks, "If he doesn't get his ass over here in the next five minutes then I'm going to bed."

Another voice suddenly joins the conversation.

"I heard my name."

~Ooooohhh cliffhanger

~Ooooohhh cliffhanger... Well, not really😂

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment💜

~Husky UwU💜