Field Trip (Pt. 8)

"Pe-Spider-Man?"

----------------------------------------------

     "What the hell, MJ?" 

     "Oh, sorry, next time I decide to get kidnapped I'll be sure to run it by you first." She sarcastically replies.

     "You know what I mean. Why are you out here and not," I point to the general direction of the tower, "back there?"

     She shrugs nonchalantly. "I was hungry, so I decided to-"

     "Cut the chit chat!" The kidnapper with the gun bellows. (by the way the kidnappers I'm imagining in my head are the two brothers from Tangled)

     I turn to him. "Do you mind? We were kind of in a conversation here."

      He smiles maliciously at me and cocks the gun before resuming its position against MJ's head. "You called her 'MJ.' She mean somethin' to ya?"

      Well, I can't give him the advantage. "I don't know her personally, but she's a world famous ventriloquist. Obviously you guys aren't too familiar with the concept of social media."

     "So she's nothin' special to ya, huh?" He asks. "Well, I guess you wouldn't care too much then if I were to blow her brains out right now?"

      I give him the best really? face I can through the mask. "Dude. I'm Spider-Man. It's my motherloving job to care."

     The other kidnapper growls. "I tire of this tomfoolery!" He spits.

     I cock my head to the side and say brightly, "Me too!"

     I then proceed to web the gun from the one holding MJ and it clatters by his feet. In a matter of seconds I have them webbed to the ground and I'm over by MJ, berating her with questions.

     "Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Did they give you that bruise? Open your mouth, let me see if you have any teeth missing-"

     "Spider-Man!" She cuts me off, putting her hand over my mouth. "I'm fine. Shut up, please?"

      "Right. Sorry." I say and wrap my arm around her waist protectively, steering her in front of me. "Let's just get you back to the-"

BANG!

     I barely have time to double over in pain before a second gun shot is heard, and another bout of searing pain rips through my midsection.

     It takes me a second to register that the kidnappers had just shot me because I had stupidly forgotten to move the gun out of his reach. By the time I have stopped repeating "Oh my god oh my god I just got shot" in my head, MJ has already marched over to him, ripped the weapon from his hand, and is currently beating him senseless with it.

     "MJ!" I say, trying to calm her down. "That's enough."

     She looks at me for a second before punching the other guy in the face. "That's for trying to kidnap me." She then stands up and wipes the sweat form her brow, looking completely unfazed. 

     "Well... you gave them hell." I say.

     She shrugs. "They deserved it."

     I sigh and straighten up, trying to ignore the shooting pain in my abdomen. "Hop on," I say pointing to my back.

     "Excuse me?"

     "I'm going to swing us back to the tower."

     "Like hell you are."

     I turn to her, perplexed. "But it's the fastest way."

     "And you've just been shot. Twice." She walks past me, patting my head as she does so. "Come on, start walking."

     I follow in suit and we walk through the streets of New York for a bit, remaining quiet, until MJ asks me if I need to sit down.

      "Uhhh... no? Why?"

     "Based on how unstably you're walking, I'd say there's a 50/50 shot of you face planting right about now."

     "Gee, thanks for caring."

     "Oh, I don't, it's just if you do, make sure you do it the opposite way. I physically cannot drag you back to the tower with my noodle arms." She makes her point by lifting her arms, showing me how skinny they are.

     "Ha ha." I retort sarcastically. "Yes, if I do at any point in time decide to topple over, I'll make sure to not fall on you. Please, feel no obligation to help me in any way, shape, or form."

     She rolls her eyes. "I'll help you Stupid when we get back to the tower."

     "How?"

     "Well, I'm assuming you don't want the Avengers to see those gaping holes in your chest?"

     "...Not really, no."

     "I took a few survival courses once. I can dress your wound and make sure it doesn't get infected. Now come on, we've got a while to go before we're back."

     We walk for a max of five minutes before MJ gives up, throwing her hands in the air exasperatedly.

     "That's it, I'm hailing a taxi!"

...Yet another short chapter... Sorry! I'm having a serious lack of motivation, so I'm just trying to get these written for you. I feel like I owe you all, so sorry! But don't worry, Peter and MJ's night's excitement isn't over yet...

Also, I just wanted to say,

WHAT?!?!?!?

THE FREAKING HELL WHAT?!?!?!?

1K reads?!?!?

You guys are the flipping best! Love you all!

Word Count: 925