Field Trip (Pt. 11)

Around 10 minutes after the whole doughnut fiasco, Hazel, the nicest intern I know, sashays up to the table. Mr. Locke stumbles up from his chair in the corner, looking in dire need of some coffee, and lumbers over to stand at the opposite end of the table with his arms crossed.

     Hazel smiles a genuine smile, one you can see reflect in her also hazel eyes. She's a tall girl, around 5'11", and she has soft, chestnut brown hair. She's actually only 17- the youngest intern in the building- because she finished school a year before her graduating class. "Welcome, students," she says in her silvery voice. "I'm terribly sorry Mike couldn't be here, he's out 'sick' today." She playfully rolls her eyes.

     Now, it's no secret that Hazel is a beautiful girl. She looks like a model and radiates positive energy, but also has a sense of humor. Although I don't really have any "feelings" for her, you can literally see the boys in my class swooning.

     "Excuse me, but are you our tour guide now?" Flash asks.

     Hazel smiles. "Indeed I am. My name is Hazel."

     Flash nudges Crabbe. "This tour just got 10 times better."

    Hazel rolls her eyes, and looks down at her clipboard. "Okay there should be 16 of you..." She glances up to count heads, and immediately smiles when she sees me. "Oh, Peter, it's wonderful to see you!"

     I grin back at her friendly. "It's great to see you too, Hazel!"

    "Wait wait wait." Flash puts his hands up. "How do you know him?"

     Hazel, being the best actor I've ever seen, stares him straight in the eyes. "He's my adoptive father's twice removed niece's cousin in law mother's nephew."

     "Wait... so are you related?"

     "Does it sound like we're related?"

     "....I... I honestly don't know..." Flash says hesitantly.

     Hazel smirks at him. "I'll let you sit on that one for a bit." She turns to face the class again. "Alright guys, follow me."

     As we walk to the next room, I walk next to Hazel at the front. On the left of me is M.J., and to the left of her is Ned.

     "So, Hazel, how'v'ya been?" I smile leisurely. 

    She chuckles in that soft voice of hers. "Same old, same old, Pete. How're you?" She bats her eyelashes, but I think nothing of it.

     "Oh, you know, a little interning here, a little interning there." I shrug, looking ahead.

     "Right," she giggles, "Interning." We both look at each other for a second before bursting out laughing. "You're so funny, Peter!" She says, putting her hand on my arm.

     "I think so too." M.J. butts in, putting her hand on my other arm and glaring at Hazel. Weird...

     Hazel narrows her eyes at M.J. before softening them to look at me. "Peter, is this your... girlfriend?"

     "Yes," M.J. responds. I whip my head around to stare at her in bewilderment. "We're very much together." She adds on, tightening her grip on my arm. "Come on, Petey, let's walk in the back." She pulls me back, and I shoot an apologetic, confused look at Hazel, who is still glaring at M.J.

     "What was that all about?" I question M.J., as soon as we're in the back of the group. 

     She shrugs. "She wasn't right for you."

     "What are you talking about?"

     "I could see it in her eyes. Too flirty, lacked commitment."

     "What are you talking about?" I ask again.

     She rolls her eyes."Oh, I forgot, you're a boy. She was hitting on you, Pete." (Not saying that all boys are like this, don't want to offend anybody, but most boys couldn't catch a hint if it bit them)

    "Really? Why?"

     M.J. shrugs. "You tell me."

     As I am about to tell her I have no idea why Hazel would hit on me, we arrive at the conference room. "Please, right this way." She holds the door open, smiling at me as I go in and glowering at M.J. It's really weird now that I know she's hitting on me.

     We all filter into the room, which is... empty.

     "Oh my god." Hazel sighs, before placing her hand on the intercom and saying into the speaker, "F.R.I.D.A.Y., please tell our guests that they are late. Again." She sighs and we all sit in the chairs which are placed around the edge of the room in a circle. Hazel walks and stands next to Mr. Locke by the door, who scowls rudely at her and scooches away. 

     We all sit there in awkward silence, not really knowing what to do or say as we wait for the next Avengers to come. Suddenly there's a loud stomping, and the door slams open, revealing someone with a deep, resonating laugh, muscles galore, and his raven-haired brother.

     My eyes widen. "...Shit."

Sorry y'all, super short chapter, next one will be up some time today! Love you guys!

Actually, is there a name you guys want me to call you? Because I feel like calling you "guys" and "peeps" is getting kinda old. Literally anything (as long as it's not a swear and too kinky), I'll do, whatever you guys vote for the most. Just drop a comment here if you have a suggestion!

Mmmkay. Tootles, for now!

Word Count: 880