Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sighing, I eased back into the sheets while staring up at the ceiling. Until I am fully recovered and have gotten back my strength, I have no choice but to stay in this land. Not permanently but just for a bit.

"Yeah, that sounds nice." I whispered with a nod while closing my eyes before drifting off into sleep again. Who knew that my decision would cause a snowball to turn into an avalanche.

The next few weeks were spent with me signing papers, getting my IDs, therapy, and mostly being carried around by Damien. I still can't get over how embarrassing that is. With all of that thrown together, I also had plenty of time to spend with the alpha as she was the one who I had to see about mostly anything that included paperwork. Much to my surprise, she seemed nicer than before. They all avoided the subject of my family but I didn't mind. I would prefer that we didn't talk about it.

"Are you sure you're okay with an apartment? We have plenty of houses that surround the territory. You wouldn't have to worry about having neighbors and you could be alone." Aiyana inquired as I shook my head. "Okay, I'll leave the arrangements to Damien. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me." She smiled while sliding a card my way as I picked it up and looked at it.

"Would it be too much to ask that you leave the arrangements to me?" I questioned while looking back up at her as she looked at me in surprise. "I would rather take care of myself than to be seen on. I'm sure Damien's busy with his duties to assist me. It'll also give me sometime to clear my head and get a grasp of being alone." I stated clearer as she continued to look at me in surprise.

"Well, if you're more comfortable that way. I see no harm as long as you take it easy. The doctor might have released you from the hospital but your wound hasn't been cleared." She informed with a motherly tone as I nodded. It was weird to hear it from someone who wasn't my mom.

"Mom." I sighed softly as Aiyana stared on curiously. "Ah, sorry. I understand. I'll get going now. Thank you." I stated with a soft smile before standing with my crutch.

"Remember that once you get to the apartments, there will be someone to show you around." She added as I nodded before walking out of her office and closing the door. Sighing, I leaned back on the door before rubbing my face with my free hand. Today was not the day for me to get all sad. I have things to do and places to be. Gently slapping my cheeks, I stood up firmly before walking down the long wooden hallway of the pack house as some of the pack members greeted me. Some were still scared to approach me while others were happy to see a new face. It almost felt like home again.

"Stay positive! No more brooding today." I quietly shouted to myself as I walked out of the pack house. Today was going to be a better day.

[~~~]

Surprisingly, it didn't take long for me to get to the apartments that Aiyana told me about since everything was in walking distance. However, using a crutch kind of tired me out. Leaning against the brick wall of the apartments, I took a few seconds to catch my breath. Just one more week of therapy and I'll be cleared! No more crutches. I told myself while missing the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Rose?" A nearby voice called out as I quickly looked up to be greeted by a woman who was just a few inches taller than me with long dark blonde hair. "Welcome! It's nice to have you here!" She greeted with a smile as she brushed away her dark blonde bangs. "I'll be your guide and your neighbor from now on. My name is Dahlia Sorrez." She smiled as her light blue eyes looked over me. "You must be tired from walking, let's go inside. I'll show you around then we could stop by my place and get something to drink." She added while guiding me towards the entrance as we escaped the heat.

Once we got past the double glass doors, it almost seemed like we were in a different place. The interior had a cozy yet warm feeling to it, almost like a wooden cottage. Tall wooden beams lined throughout the room as the dark wooden floor covered most of the room. I couldn't decide on whether or not I was in a wooden cottage or an apartment complex.

"This is the main area. Through that archway to your left, there's a hallway that leads to a door. Once you go out that door, you'll be met by the first row of apartments. That's the west wing. Mostly three to five bedrooms apartments for those who prefer not to live in houses. That hallway also houses the entertainment center in case you need something to do." Dahlia stated with a smile as I nodded, trying to remember everything. "The archway on your right also leads to a door that leads to the east wing. Those are mostly penthouses and lofts. Some of our higher ups stay there. Our apartments are also along that wing. That hallway also houses the gym." She added while looking back at me as I nodded. "The archway leading down that way takes you to the north wing. It holds one and two bedroom apartments. It's usually called the newlywed wing as most people would get an apartment once they're married and then progress to a house once they were comfortable enough." She stated as I look at her in surprise.

"This place looks so small from the outside. Who would've guessed that it was so huge?" I asked myself with my mouth agape. "Is there some kind of magic to this?" I inquired while looking over at Dahlia as she continued to smile at me.

"You're lucky to have a history teacher as your neighbor. I would love to tell you about the history behind this land as long as you're okay with having snacks to go along with it." She added as I nodded.

"I would love that." I smiled.

///////\\\\\\\////////

I usually don't do author notes for this book since most people don't read them but I will today.

This chapter is short, I understand but I plan to bring you more chapters whether they be short like this or longer. I plan to reinvest back into this book because it has potential.

When I first started writing this book, it was just a thought instead of an actual idea. Now, I can't get it off my mind. Some things might change and some might not align well, but bear with me as I take us on this journey. I've also included a picture of how the apartment layout would look like. Sorry for the bad handwriting.

I pray that you've all been well. I hope you're all taking care of yourself.

Thank you for reading ~

Andrea ❥