Chapter 9

Chapter 9

After getting some help with the books, I bidded Dahlia a goodbye before locking the door and heading off into my new apartment.

It was slightly smaller than Dahlia's but it was fully furnished with the essentials like a living room set, some kitchen utilities, washer and dryer, and even a bed in the bedroom. At least I didn't have to sleep on the dark wooden floor. Quietly balancing myself against the cream colored walls, I made my way over to the couch before plopping down and skimming through the books Dahlia lent me.

"I'll read these tomorrow after I get back from therapy." I sighed while propping my leg up on a pillow before flipping on the TV. It had been awhile since I've seen an actual tv, let alone, watch it. I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face as I flipped through the channels before landing on a nature channel that was showing a documentary on the life of penguins. My favorite.

Quietly burying myself further into the couch, I began to slowly nod off to the sound of the narrator's smooth voice before I was completely engulfed in darkness. When was the last time I had felt this comfortable? I thought to myself, sailing through the dark abyss of what I knew was supposed to be my dream.

Rose. Rose, can you hear me? The familiar voice called out as my body began to move closer. I feel you near. I need to know if you're safe. Answer if you can hear me? The familiar voice called out as I couldn't help but move closer.

"Benji? Is that you, brother?" I called out as his laughter echoed around me, warming me up. "I'm so glad to hear your voice. Please tell me that you're alive and I'm not hearing you from the great beyond."

I'm not dead, silly. I'm somewhere dark. I got caught again after escaping. I ran a good distance from the last place that I was at but where exactly are you? Are you safe? He questioned, his voice was filled with worry.

"Of course, I'm okay. I'm safe. I was able to escape from the place that I was being held in and I made it to the Sacred Land of the Wolves that mom used to talk about." I sighed as he hummed in reply. "Is anybody else with you? Mom? Dad? The twins? Clem?" I rattled off as he hesitated for a second before humming.

Let's not talk about this now, Rosie. He stated before moving on. Just talk to me about this Sacred Land. How is it? Are they treating you well? Are the trees as big as mom said? He questioned on as I sighed. He obviously knew something but he wasn't going to talk. Not wanting to end this dream on a sour note, I rattled off all the cool things that has happened since I got here and just how beautiful the scenery really is before I jolted awake in pain to a dark apartment.

Quietly leaning back into the couch, I glanced over at the dark tv before searching for the remote.

[~~~]

"You seem to be doing better now, Rose. Since this is officially your last treatment, make sure you keep those muscles moving. Give it a few more days and you'll be able to change into your wolf without pain. Even than, take it easy." My physical therapist instructed while smiling at me as I nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled back before leaving the room. Staring back down the familiar halls, I sighed quietly to myself. I was almost completely independent of these crutches. Soon, I'll be able to start searching for my family.

"Rose?" The familiar voice called as I turned and saw the familiar individual trotting down the hall towards me. "I heard that today was your last day of therapy, so I came to pick you up." Damien smiled as I quietly nodded. It felt like it had been awhile since I've last seen him but he's a beta so he's busy. Besides training, he also has to keep up with the records of everything going on in the pack including anything financial.

"That's nice of you but my apartment isn't that far and I'm fine with walking." I stated while smiling up at him as he nodded.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go get breakfast nearby before heading home, if that's okay with you?" He inquired as I nodded. "I know a good place downtown that serves late breakfast but makes up for it with a great pick of meals." He informed me as we started walking out of the building and down the sidewalk. Even though I was walking slower because of the crutch, Damien still stayed by my side with a smile on his face.

"If their food is as good as you say it is, I can't wait to eat it." I stated with a smile as Damien smiled back at me. "Thank you for being patient with me." I quietly mumbled, suddenly feeling shy. I was never a shy person yet I'm feeling this way towards Damien?

After we had breakfast, we took a stroll around downtown as Damien gave me a much needed tour.