ā starry nights āž ā”€ s. koushi Ɨ reader

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬ˢᵘᵍᵃʷᵃʳᵃ ᵏᵒᵘˢʰⁱ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
ˢᵘᵍᵃʷᵃʳᵃ ᵏᵒᵘˢʰⁱ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

the convenience store had been quiet tonight. the sounds of machines beeping as the cashier scans her items. standing lazily as she watches him do so. one of the lights in the store flickers witht the sounds of occasional buzzing appears. slight irritation in the girl's skin.

they say reality would seem altered in situations like this but to y/n, it still felt like the same old shit hole of a convenience store to her.

her thoughts are interrupted when she hears the front door opening as the small sounds of digital bells enter her eardrums. she glances to see and catches silver hair as she widens her eyes.

what had he been doing here at this hour?

it had been sugarawa koushi, a boy from her classroom. she's never once talked to him personally, though, he seemed like an alright guy. y/n always thought it was strange how such a good looking guy as him doesn't have a girlfriend or boyfriend if he'd been interested in guys as well. there was a strong couple of people who definitely have a crush on him, so why not make the move?

even though, she watches as he navigates the aisle, searching for something in particular before letting out a small "ah!" and jogging along to the counter.

y/n quickly turns, not wanting to meet his eyes as she realises she'd been in her pajamas, her hair a mess with only her wallet in hand. wherelse sugawara was all tidied up with the proper winter wear and that iconic muffler of his.

she prays hard for the cashier to hurry and as if god had answered her prayers, he was done. "that'll be 15.70," he says, causing y/n to freeze for a moment when he reaches inside her wallet─ she'd only have 15. "ah shit," she curses under her breath, panicking slowly.

"here─"

suddenly she hears sugawara speak behind her, placing down the small amount of change she had been short on. in that moment, their eyes meet and y/n blushed red. he smiled sweetly. y/n gulps down, wanting the floors to just swallow her whole as she nods. "t-thanks," she stuttered, slowly turning back to her own items and taking the small bag. "no problem," he says back, grinning.

there was a small silence between the two as the buzzing in the back only seemed to get louder. sugawara is the first to break the awkward tension, clear his throat. "wanna hang for a bit?" he offers, catching her by surprise. she never would've imagined him asking her that. they hardly even knew each other too.

though, seeing that he had saved her ass, the least she could do was stay for a bit. she sighs, hesitantly as she rubs the back of her neck. "sure," she says, shrugging. sugarawa pays for his own items and thanks the cashier.