ā cotton candy āžā”€ u. wakatoshi Ɨ reader

𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲

𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲

ᵘˢʰⁱʲⁱᵐᵃ ʷᵃᵏᵃᵗᵒˢʰⁱ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

the music around her lively as she does a small spin, laughter escaping her lips. the smell of popcorn, cotton candy and corndogs in the air. younger children stood watching, eating their sweets and snacks. her eyes wandered the area, flashes of bright colours everywhere.

god how she loved carnivals.

they had always been fun and exciting. today, she'd come alone as her friends had been busy for the day, not that she was complaining though─ she's come here enough times to know the area quite well and wasn't particularly afraid.

walking down, she spots something in the corner of her eyes. a strip of photos left in the photobooth. she frowns and comes closer to it, "eh?" she takes it in her hand, inspecting it to only find a male looking deeply morose, the pose unchanging. y/n blinks for a moment, thinking. why would anyone take their photo and just leave it there? and why did they look so sullen? strange it was but she didn't give it much thought, shrugging as she places it in her bag.

maybe she could've kept it as a souvenir for today?

she continues on with her journey, smiling widely as she eyes the rides around her, wondering which one she could've ridden next. the carnival had been one her favourite places in the world, having it held every single month. it was easy for her, having someone from her family organising the carnival so she could pretty much have easy access of entering.

y/n continues walking, lost in thought as she doesn't bother to look infront of her as her body impacts onto another, though they remain standing still as she was the one stumbling aback. "s-sorry!" she quickly apologises and looks up to see the face of the person.

"oh, it's okay,"

her breathing hitches upon seeing him so close─ he was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. it made her stomach churn for whatever unknown reason as she feel herself turning shy. yet he seemed so familiar. her mind starts racing for answers and just like that, it clicks. "oh," she breaths, smiling. "it's you," she says, waging a finger at him.

"do i know you?" the handsome boy questions with a raise of a brow. y/n smiled more, "oh sorry, no, i mean─" she starts but struggles when she reaches for her bag. moving her stuff to find the strip of photos, she takes it in her hand. "here," she says, gesturing it over to him, "you left it in the booth," she says.

the boy had looked slightly confused aat first, blinking at the strip of photos before taking it. "did i?" he questions. y/n stares at him for awhile moment. did he even know what the photobooth was for? the look on his face had been like one of the children you see at this carnival when they lose their parents. it made y/n want to protect him for whatever reason.