ā i love you āž ā”€ s. kiyoko Ɨ reader

𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮ˢʰⁱᵐⁱᶻᵘ ᵏⁱʸᵒᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ

𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
ˢʰⁱᵐⁱᶻᵘ ᵏⁱʸᵒᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"i love you,"

she'd suddenly breathe, her tone shaky as her eyes looked deeply into her lover's. y/n almost frowns at this, sensing her words had been more of a reassurement to herself. "kiyoko..." y/n replies, taking ahold of her hands, cupping them gently. "are you sure you want to do this?" she questions.

kiyoko's eyes glimmer with panic at first. the way she'd gulp and parted her lips was enough evidence to show that she hadn't been ready. y/n frowns, squeezing her hands lightly. "we don't have to do this, you know?" she assures her girlfriend only for her to shake her head.

"i want to do this," she says, almost immediately. kiyoko's gaze slowly falls to the ground. this had been the first time in forever y/n had seen her strong, lovely girlfriend look so vulnerable. she didn't like it one bit. y/n sighs heavily, "you say you want to but there's hesitation in your eyes," she points out.

kiyoko had suggested for them to come out about their relationship to the team. of course, it wasn't an obligation. though, kiyoko hated how most people would flirt with her. she didn't mind the compliments though, she was just scared that y/n would feel somehow hurt in a way, seeing so many people flirt with her, knowing they had been together. y/n actually didn't really mind to be honest but if it bothered kiyoko that much, then she was willing of coming out as well.

sighing as she bites down on her bottom lip, "i'm just scared... what will they think of me then?" she questions. y/n smiled sadly at this, bringing kiyoko's hands close to her lips as she pecks them lightly. "regardless of what they think, i'm always going to be behind to catch you," she replies and this was enough to ease the pressure in kiyoko's chest.

kiyoko manages a small smile, finally meeting her lover's eyes.

their fingers intertwined with one another as they walk a step closer to the gymnasium. kiyoko's heart had been pounding so fast, she thought she might've passed out. little did she know, y/n had been the same. worst, even. though, refusing to show weakness, y/n smiled, glancing at her girlfriend one more time. "we'll be fine," she reassures as they finally walk inside.

"kiyoko! y/n!"

the usual exclamation from the second years as they turned to look at them in excitement as soon as they entered. the others had been too busy, like yamaguchi, ennoshita and tsukki who had been practising receives or kageyama and hinata who was practising tosses. suga, who had been picking up balls, looks up as well, smiles. "hey, you guys," he calls out, nodding upwards as a gesture of greeting. asahi flashes them a smile with daichi behind him doing the same.

y/n is the one to reply, smiling as she waves back at them. her grip on kiyoko's hand seemed to tighten. she glances back at her as she nods, signalling her it was okay. y/n inhales sharply. "hey... you guys?" y/n calls out, refraining herself from stuttering and successfully doing so. kiyoko glances at her, frowning a bit. maybe they shouldn't be doing this.