Chapter 2

The fact that it has only been an hour since this evening started hasn't even condone to me yet. I'm already starting to be tired and sleepy for no apparent reason. Well, I mean, besides from the fact that Mr. Darcy is here and has showed little to no interest in tonight's gathering. All he ever did was to either yawn two times in a minute, or blabber about his success as a young man.

I am really trying my best to see the good in this man... that is if there is any. "Are" isn't even applicable in this situation.

"The chocolate ganache cake is absolutely scrumptious! How did you ever made it?" Lucy compliments the cake that was already half-eaten, sitting on a small porcelain plate.

I smiled in awe. Of course they'd love it. It's chocolate, who doesn't like the soft, and silky sensation of chocolate melting in your mouth?

"I just found the recipe in the internet one day, and it took a bunch of revisions and tries before I perfected the art of making chocolate ganache cake." I smiled proudly as I took a bite from my cake as well.

"You'd have to make me one of these!" Mr. Bingley exclaims, and I laughed.

"Of course, I would love to." I agreed and joined in the harmonious laughter inside the room.

"It's a good cake, Anna." A sudden voice entered in our joyous atmosphere. I turned my head to where the voice came from, and to my surprise, it was Mr. Darcy.

I almost found myself choking on my cake because I never thought he would give me a compliment. After what I just encountered with him, I was certain that my mind will never change the way I think of him as a person.

A confused smile was painted upon my face, but before I even got to thank him for what he said, he already took back all the positive things I ever thought about him.

"But I find it too mediocre, too practical." He continues, taking a bite from the cake as though he was examining it.

Oh, how I wanted to kick him out of my house right at this moment.

"Oh come on James, it's a wonderful cake. Just like in our childhood days, remember?" Mr. Bingley tries to convince Mr. Darcy, knowing that what his cousin said has hurt my feelings.

My whole entire body froze and my jaw fell slightly ajar. Oh, how much I want to strangle this man standing 3 feet away from my burning existence.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before answering. I stood up from my chair to face him, and even though he stood way taller than me, that didn't stop me from defying him.

"Well, I apologize if you think my chocolate cake is a bit too mediocre for you, but I don't find it in any way 'mediocre'. Yes, it may be a crowd favorite, but you cannot argue with its simplicity yet complexity as a wholesome ingredient in the kitchen. I mean, the creation of chocolate itself, from the cacao beans to what it is now, makes it a God tier necessity." I politely stated and gave him a smile that mocked his whole existence.

What kind of a man shows up in a stranger's house with an attitude like that?

"Well, your answer is validated, but I'd preferably eat a Victorian Sponge cake than chocolate cake." He truthfully says and puts down his half-eaten cake.

I mentally rolled my eyes at him and cold-bloodily took his plate, "Then make yourself one, Mr. Darcy." I told him, turning my back away to clean the dining table and to put away the plates.

"I'm sorry for the way he's acting Anna. He's never really like this." I hear Mr. Bingley say from behind me in behalf of his cousin's peculiar attitude as he followed me through the kitchen.