Chapter 7

It's been a whole week since I started working with Hugh and I cannot stress enough the agitation and restlessness we endured during the time being. Nothing happened that held us back from publishing the book, thankfully, but just the amount of work is overwhelming. To add it up, Mia has been constantly staying over at Hugh's, basically leaving me lonely in our supposedly shared home.

Choosing to keep my distance from Mr. Darcy since that night gave my whole being great inner peace with that. I guess it was selfish of me to act like that, especially since we left on good terms that night, but I just don't want to be distracted during this whole process. I can't afford that.

I stared at the ceiling after turning off my laughter, "So I woke up with a fever because, universe?" I mockingly asked, internally groaning.

"Well, I'm not letting some 38 degree body temperature stop me from creating more progress for the publication of my book." I thought to myself and started fixing the bed, but I also do not want to feel sick the whole day.

My body ached all over and it was practically begging for me to take a long hot shower while I was waiting for the water to boil. Great amounts of shower thoughts consumed my relaxing bath for a good 20 minutes and ended ever so quickly when I heard the teapot whistling from just a few steps over.

I quickly grabbed the towel hanging beside the shower curtain and rushed to dry my body off. I took a step out of the bathroom with my bath robe on and a towel wrapped around my head. The cold morning breeze greeted my body and it was quite colder than usual, or maybe it's because I am somehow sick.

I walked over to the kitchen stove and turned off the heat on the pot.It immediately stopped 'whistling,' which is a great sense of relief because the whistling causes me headaches.

While I was walking over the cupboards to get my mug, I started sneezing badly and my nose started to become runny.

"Oh for Christ's sake." I sighed as I blew my nose on some tissue paper. I grabbed my mug and began to make mom's remedy, which consisted of ginger, lemon, and honey.

The great relief I had once I started sipping on my mug was incomparable to any feeling. Once I was done drinking, I had a small breakfast and scurried along to finish getting ready.

The ride to Hugh's was hassle-free and I'm glad it is, because traffic would've made me feel ten times worse. I don't want Hugh to notice I'm sick and then send me home.

We're going to meet up with some graphic designers today, to give some designs for the cover of my book since we were done visualizing what it's going to look like, so I'm really not planning to go home

"Good, Anna! You're here!" Hugh greets and warms me with his welcoming hug.

"It's nice to see you too Hugh." I lightheartedly laughed.

He lets go of me and looks at me weirdly, "You look a bit off Anna, are you okay?" He asks which took me a back.

I swore I caked my whole face to erase my flushed cheeks. How can he still see my sickness through all of that makeup?

"What? I look and feel fine, Hugh." I assured him with a smile and proceeded to put my bag down on one of his chairs.

"You don't look fine to me." He crosses his arm and looks at me with worried eyes.

I laughed, brushing it off, "Oh please Hugh, I'm better than ever. I promise." I swiftly lied to him. I mean, it's not that big of a deal anyways.

"By the way, where's Mia?" I asked to get him off my nuts.

He got off the topic quickly and answered my question, "Oh, she had to go to work earlier today." He informs me while simultaneously handing me a cup of sweetened tea.