Chapter 11

The following day was a Saturday.

Bleeding through the thick red curtains, was the morning sun waking me up to a beautiful morning. The first thing I thought about was how much of a roller coaster yesterday was. Darcy's compliment stuck around me since the second he dropped those words. I'm not entirely sure if he meant what he said last night because I didn't want to fuss about it anymore and make it seem like it was such a recurring big deal to me; something I didn't want to be transparent about anyway even if I don't get much of his nice side.

It's unbelievable he got me thinking of him first thing in the morning. The audacity of that man, truly. Nevertheless, the evening spent with him isn't so bad now that I've come to think of it. The hours in that restaurant turned more into getting to know him more instead of spying on my sister and publisher, constantly making sure everything was going the way it was planned. I actually enjoyed myself with him last night.

What a newfound miracle.

Gathering myself together to spend a planned afternoon with Timothy at his bookshop, which opens a week from now, I started getting ready for the day. Although, as soon as I stepped out the bedroom door, ready to conquer the day, I was greeted by a gloomy Mia on a Saturday morning.

"Hey." I approached her, "Are you alright?"

Mia sighs and looks at me, "Can I not answer that question?"

I raised a brow, knowing something was bothering her, "What's wrong? Did something happen last night?"

"Nothing. In fact, everything was perfect. He was perfect." Mia answers, consequently burying her face on his hands.

"Then why are you not acting like it? It's a Saturday morning for heaven's sake." I joked, thinking her problem wasn't that heavy and decided to prepare a quick breakfast for both of us.

"Because!" She exclaims, "I feel like I'm not good enough for him."

Suddenly I felt a sting in my heart, "What the utterance are you talking about, Mia?" I said in a comforting manner.

"This guy has been head over heels for you ever since mom introduced the both of you!"

"He doesn't know me that well yet!" Mia defends, "What if I scare him away with my past mistakes and failures? Then he would realize he deserves much better than me, which is true..." Her voice became weak at the end.

"First of all, he has his own past mistakes and failures too, maybe much worse than yours, Mia. But if you knew that would you run away from him? I know you won't because I saw how you guys look at each other." I smiled.

"Don't let your past define you nor let your future hold the decisions you make today." I said in a truthful way, "You'll be fine, Mia. Please don't beat yourself too much. He will love you for who you were, who you are, and who you will be, and if he doesn't, then he's not the one for someone as luminescent as you."

I gave Mia a comforting hug, hoping this would make her feel better even if I haven't any idea of what love should be. It's peculiar to have me giving her pieces of wisdom when it comes to romantic endeavors instead of the other way around.

The following afternoon, I made my way to Timmy's bookshop with our plans for the afternoon. Traffic was still horrendous even if it was a weekend. Typical New York quirks. Park Avenue is mostly known to be the home of one of the most iconic structures in New York, which is the Grand Central Station. I still remember it as clear as day, the moment I got off the train station. I was greeted by Grand Central Station's warm welcome. It was like a hug from my father.

He always talked about his love for the Grand Central Station when we were younger, so the moment I got to see it in person, the destination felt very personal to me.