Chapter 5

Everyone was done and it was only Darcy who was keeping our starving bellies from satisfaction.

To be completely honest, I think it took an hour before Darcy came down with a completely different outfit.

I shook my head lightly and reverted my attention back to Hugh. We were just discussing the book events before Mr. Darcy quickly took my attention.

I just want to say, he pulled off that white button up so effortlessly. The piece of clothing fit on him loosely while three buttons were left undone. He wore a long, black wool jacket over it, with skinny jeans and a pair of black Chelsea boots. He also had this thin piece of fabric hanging in his neck. I don't know what the purpose of it was but it definitely belonged in the outfit.

It was almost jaw-dropping. Almost.

Nevertheless, he surely knew how to dress up nicely.

"You took absolutely long cousin." Hugh laughs as he noticed that Mr. Darcy was standing next to me. I almost gave myself a shock as I realized he is standing awfully close to me.

He chuckles, "I apologize if I kept any of you anticipating. It's hard to pick the right clothes."

The moment he dropped these words, I let out a constipated laugh due to trying to keep my entertainment all to myself.

This clearly caught their attention, especially to the man beside me. He gave me a scowling look, making me feel bad for even laughing. His crystal blue eyes bore at my existence, never taking his eyes off me. He made sure I felt his eyes burning on my skin.

I blushed in embarrassment and stopped laughing for my own dignity. "What did you ever find so funny?" He gave me a questioning look.

"It's nonsense. Not worthy of your time really." I said, trying to brush it off with an awkward laugh.

I bit the insides of my cheeks rather violently as this is a habit of mine whenever I am questioned of something I am embarrassed of.

"Oh come on. If you found it funny, why don't you share it with us?" He scoffs as he turned around to face me, causing my whole body to freeze.

My personal boundary is certainly trespassed by his presence at this moment, and I am not enjoying it.

My heart raced back and forth through my rib cage as I cleared my throat, "Just found it funny you took long to get ready." I lied.

"And is that a bad thing? Women do the same thing every time." He looked at me in the eyes as he whispered all of this, creating numerous tingles that covered my whole spine.

"No of course not. If women can do it, I don't find it impossible for men to do the same thing." I said with a nervous chuckle.

He finally took two steps back, regaining my personal space again. "Maybe you don't get it as much as I do." He says while a sly smile found its way to his lips.

I raised a brow and folded my arms, "What do you ever mean?"

"Talk to me when you have better fashion sense."

My jaw fell, and my whole being was burning in flames. How dare he comment on every single thing that I do? First the chocolate cake, and now the way I dress? What's his problem? I know how to dress appropriately for the situation. Unlike him.

"It doesn't mean that a person chose to be simple with the way they dress, that they don't have fashion sense," I replied, trying to be calm.

"One simply has more things much more important than picking what outfit to wear on a simple evening." I looked at him keenly, "But maybe you're right. Maybe men just cares about beauty and never the brains." I said.