Chapter 6

She soon got the hint. thank whatever there was out there for that because after a few more minutes of trying to drown them with worry she backed off smiling sheepishly
"Sorry- haha"

They struggled with trying not to show their annoyance, she didnt seem that old so they didn't want to hurt her or her feelings,

They simply crossed their arms and huffed, turning to look at something else- anything else. Eyes landing on mr 'nobody' from before, where there was once 3 people there was just him now, still dawning a cup of what seemed to be the overly sweet cider.

They frown slightly, questions tugging at the back of their mind that they craved answers to. Though they certainly weren't going to get them out of the band of the strangers but Jo had a slight flicker of hope that he would. A little slip of fear sinking it's teeth into the back of their neck when they remember how nonchalantly the shorter one had said he'd broken them both out.

Better than Elizabeth's smothering though.

They murmur a quiet excuse me out of politeness and moves towards the individual, questions piling up that they were going to get answered.

That didn't exactly happen though, they sat down and just nodded at the other. All words seeping out of their brain the minute they were seated, something was off about everyone but the pig-hawk was it? And Elizabeth. They didn't like whatever they were feeling.

They mentally noted to themselves that they'd have to find out what kind of thing they were feeling and what was causing it to happen with everyone but two of the residents.

The other finally looked up, smirking upon seeing who it was and half sneering out a
"What? You want to have a drinking competition or something?" It was a half Sneer only because he slurred it like a sailor who's just been given alcohol after rehab

"No. I want answers. The giant said something about power levels before quietening down, what was it?"
They responded, not bothering to look at the other in fear that they would get another face full of cider breath, they rested a hand on the table letting their fingers drum rhythmically, their blunt nails making a satisfying tapping sound on the bench beneath his hand.

His eye twitches, subtle but noticeable to someone who was constantly on guard. A split second decision and the man groans and throws himself back drunkenly, although this time Jo was cautious that the man was merely putting on a show "you're no fuuuun."
Jo plays along and rolls their eyes, seemingly highly unamused at this guys 'drunk' antics. "I see."

They stand,brushing non-existent dirt from their trousers to start their swift departure. They were obviously not gonna get any answers here. That was a waste of time and effort.

There's no reason for these people to be seemingly withholding information about 'power levels' or why he got broken out or the most pressing question at hand who were they really and where the everloving fuck were they??

They were starting to get real tired of these strangers deciding what information was for them to know and what wasn't. They just needed some time to think. To figure out a plan of attack-well escape really.

This place was too suffocating and these people were hiding too many things.

"Is there anywhere I can sleep?"
They ask. A departing question that would give them the time and space to mentally map the place out and dip.

"Third room on your right."

They nod and give a fake thankful smile, trying to make it look as real as possible. They weren't sure how it looked, or if it was even convincing they just had to hope it did.

They quickly move towards the room, careful to keep their eyes pointed towards the ground to avoid dealing with another god awful interaction. Swinging the door open before shutting it as swiftly as they could without slamming it.

They let out a sigh of relief as soon as the outside world was shut away. Thankful for the solitude and mostly quiet feeling the room gave off. Shuffling towards the bed they let themselves fall onto it and twist to face the ceiling.

Now on to making a plan to get them out of this shit.

————————————
If anyone reads this I'd rlly appreciate ppl letting me know if it's worth continuing to rewrite