Chapter 23.

Hi, I forgot how much effort went into this....A lot

My feathers ruffle a bit as the wind slips through the little crevices between them I growl and dive down

200 feet

100 feet

40 feet

10 feet

At around about 7 feet I swoop up as I barely roll and straighten out I sigh in content as the sun shines on my pale face. I close my eyes and let my wings take me where they want. I end up at a small cottage next to a village. I smile a familiar feeling taking over my body spreading a warmth. I smile slightly and open the old wooden door.

Inside was a small girl. She looked to be about 7 or 8 and had tears cascading down her plump pink face. She had short blonde hair in a bob and was wearing some rags. She was scrubbing the floor and turned her head towards me shivering. I close the door and walk in I examine the room. There was a small fire place in the corner with some decaying logs on I summoned a lighter and lit the logs.

The girl gets off her knees and walks over cautiously I smile and place her on my lap. I summon my sewing kit and get to work. My voice colt speaks out in the silence. "What's your favourite colour?" She flinches and quietly whispers back "b...blue miss" I smile and pat her head "no need for formalities little one" she nods her head.

I summon fabrics of all sorts of blue eventually it comes together to make a dress. She smiles and I help her get changed my eyes widen as I look at her very prominent ribs. The were practically sticking out like a sore thumb. Her frail frame could be no more than 5 stone. I cringe slightly and summon food and juice. I get her changed and give her the food. I hear heavy footsteps getting closer to the door and I turn around and growl I go into the corner hiding in the shadows.

A fat ugly lady slams the door open. Her beet red face was in a scowl at the little girl behind me. She begins yelling at her and I walk out behind her I summon a blindfold onto the girls eyes and grin at the woman. She snarls and charges to hit me. I growl and dodge her fist miles away from my face.she yells in anger and comes to punch me I roll my eyes quickly getting bored of her

In a quick movement I snap the woman's neck. I drag the body away and hide it in a bush I take her soul. I go back to the little girl and take the blindfold off. I grab her small hand and throw her on my back. She makes a small 'oomph' sound but starts giggling as I run off the trees zooming past us I start to laugh a bit aswell jumping up to a massive tree and start climbing the girls grip tightens and I get on a sturdy branch. I take her off my back and hold her bridal style. My wings poof out as the feathers ruffle a bit.

I get an idea a smile creeping on my face. I throw her as hard as I can in the air and she zooms up her screams of delight barely audible. I swoop up after her catching her halfway and start to take off holding her in my arms as if I were cradling a baby, she starts to droop her eyes.her breathing slows and evens out as I start flying towards a village. I land in the town as people collapse screaming in pain as their organs twist around in their bodies slowly.

Eventually I come to a woman.i smile when she doesn't fall to the ground. I shake the girl awake and hand her to the woman nodding as a sign of 'take care of her' I run my hands through my hair and say one last thing to them "I'll come back for them soon" and take off. I zoom through the sky eventually coming across the power surge I've come to know as monspeets.

I land and roll gracefully. He doesn't even turn when he speaks out in a level voice "You should really not do that,it'll hurt your knees" I giggle a bit before replying smoothly "you and I both know that it'll heal as soon as it comes" he sighs and turns to face me. I already being close to him firm foothill as he nods his head side to side in amusement and sits down on the big pig.

I too take a seat and mumble out "I saved a little girl earlier.. I wish she was my child and then she wouldn't of had to go through what she did" he turns to me confused as I run my hands through my hair ruffling it I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder as his arm snakes around my waist rubbing circles in my back soothingly.I lean my head on his shoulder closing my eyes and humming a song.

Something wet drips on my nose as I open my eyes. Little droplets fall onto us as it starts to rain grey clouds coming over us. They were a dark murky grey so there must be a storm coming. I smile and put my hand out in front of me the water droplets sliding down my hand falling onto the ground. Monspeet gets up and starts walking back in I call out "I think I'll stay out here for a while!" I hear a small 'Okay' before the door to the tavern closes.

The rain falls lightly starting to get heavier as the storm clouds roll further in and I get more wet. Only one though runs through my mind

I wonder how that little girl is..