Rumours

A/N: Okay so um long story short, my grandpa past away a while ago and I thought disappearing for a while would help with everything but of course it didn't so I just wanna put that past now so yeah I'm here

you're free to read now

Rumours.

Rumours suck, they do. Especially when it's either about you or somebody else's actions that can leave you feeling completely empty, destroyed.

Veronica lodge wasn't one to listen to rumours about her and the people she loved. She wouldn't deny if something was false, she'd make it known truthfully. But right now, she felt broken, angry and a whole lot of emotions right now that she couldn't express how she felt verbally but they were there, displayed on her face.

She had been staring at her phone, the same photo many have sent her now. Tears brimmed her eyes but she refused to let herself cry until she knew the whole story.

She was gonna ask him.

She deserved to know.

The sun reflected on her tan skin as she waited, sitting on the edge of his bed.

'Maybe I should go home'

'What if he's with her?'

Those two things didn't seem to leave her mind making her bite her nails nervously. Veronica didn't want to believe what she saw through a screen but if it was true, no photoshop or anything, she had to accept it.

She was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't realise he was finally here. She didn't know if she could do this now.

"Hey Ronnie, what's up?" Archie started, taking off his jacket and placing it on his desk.

"Is it true?" She took in the way his facial expressions changed. His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion but nonetheless sat next to her but she immediately scooted away.

"Just tell me Archie, did you kiss betty?" She held up her phone so he could see.

And there it was.

Betty and Archie kissing.

His face immediately fell and he shut his eyes. He took a deep breath before reopening his eyes to see a tear had made its way down her cheek. She wiped it away quickly before placing her hands on her lap. (A/N: while editing this i realised that wasn't exactly a rumour like idk but just go with it lmao)

"...yes" she stood up almost aggressively and paced back and forth, trying to comprehend the three letter word he had just said.

She felt this rage inside of her. The thought of her own boyfriend and her best friend kissing wanted to make her puke. The photo of Betty and Archie kissing kept coming back into her head and she felt beyond betrayed.

"It's not what you think, I-" she cut him off by slapping him across the face, putting all her anger into that one slap. He brought his hand up to his cheek and looked at her surprised.

"You two deserve each other" Veronica spat out  before storming out of his room and drove home.

The next few days were dull and depressing.

48 hours had past ever since and the curtains in her room remained closed all day and her phone had been buzzing constantly. Knowing who all those calls and texts were from, it wasn't long until she put her phone silent and reburied her face in her pillow.

Maybe he deserved to explain himself but she couldn't care less at that point. He'd proven to her that he was just like the rest.

She didn't know whether this was the right thing to do but after building up the courage, she checked her phone.

87 missed calls and 49 messages

All by one person. Archie.

She debated whether she wanted to reply back or not. Maybe not wanted but she needed to hear him out even if he didn't deserve it at this point.

Asking him to meet at their usual spot, she crept out of bed and looked at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. God, she looked rough. She hadn't gotten any sleep because most of her time was spent crying.

__

The warm evening breeze at the top of the hill made hair sway back and forth as she sat on the grass. Veronica looked over at the town from the top. What would her life be like if she didn't move to Riverdale? Sometimes she wishes she was still running the streets of New York City.

Hearing the gravel behind her move under his foot steps, she felt anxious again. She wasn't ready for this all of a sudden.

He sat beside her, neither of them saying anything just yet.

"She came onto me" Archie started. He looked at her and stared deeply into her eyes.

"I know that's no excuse for what happened but we were just talking and then Betty confessed she still had feelings for me and then she kissed me out of no where. I pushed her away as soon as it happened. I have too much respect for you to go and cheat on you, especially with your best friend"

"Right" She looked away, knowing if she looked at him again she'd start crying.

"I don't like her. At all. And I didn't kiss her back Ronnie, believe me and i'm just so sorry. I'll try and make it up to you every day of my life if you'll let me. I love you"

"it's just... you two go way back and maybe me and you just don't work. It was always you and her. We had our time together and now it's just over" She looked back at him as a tear fell from her eyes. She studied his face and he also looked like he lacked of sleep.

"No, please don't say that" his voice breaking at the end making her heart hurt more than it already did.

"Its hard not to, everybody can see it"

"But I love you! Not her!" He basically shouted with tears streaming down his face rapidly.

"I remember that day so clearly, the day my life changed for the better. You walked into pops at approximately 8:40 at night, wearing a navy blue dress and a hood on your head. The world seemed to freeze when I looked into your gorgeous brown eyes. I knew you were the one for me since then. You always have been. I love you Veronica, don't ever doubt that. Not betty, you. And in time, if you forgive me, I'll always be here" he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her forehead before standing up and walking away, not looking back.

"Archie!" Stopping in his tracks, he turned around to see her walking towards him.

As soon as she reached him, she pulled him down to her height and kissed him passionately taking him by surprise.

"I forgive you but only because you were honest with me" hearing those words, he immediately smiled at her.

"I love you so damn much" he reconnected their lips and nothing could compare to how happy they both were in that moment.

A/N: okay I haven't written in a while but wow that was so messy. Anyway, knowing barchie will happen soon enough is gross. They could've happened in season 1 or 2 but after 4 seasons, no. It won't make any sense. Honestly, I feel bad for veronica and surprisingly Jughead. Someone tell betty to go away to her OWN boyfriend.