Ch. 24

It's been a few months since the fall of Texas and Maine.

We see Sarge and Caboose looking at the Memory Unit.

"It's opening! It's working!" Sarge shouts.

"U- I see him! I see him, he's in there. He's okay!" Caboose shouts.

"What? Let me see, moron. It's just a bunch o' circuits."

"Yeah but they're glowing. He's alive!"

"Well get him outta there."

Caboose and Sarge, standing over the memory unit, as ghost Church fades into being

"No, no, dammit! Whyhyhy? Why did you do it?" Church shouted.

"Church, you're alive! See-I knew it. See I told them! And she was right! We could get you out!"

"Alright then, we're square Blue. We helped you get your shiny blue buddy out, so that makes us-"

"What're you doing here?" Church asked.

"U- saving you. Y-we found you in the place where they were keeping you and we traveled a really really long way to come to this place, and fought a bunch of people, and then fought a bunch of more people, and then we got you and took you and saved you, the end."

"But why would you do that? Why!?"

"Well, clearly it wasn't to hear 'thank you'."

"Hey, we're taking fire out here!" Grif yells.

"Thank you? You fucked everything up! I was at peace - I had it figured out, it was over! Put me back!"

"Put you back? Buddy, we just fought through an entire military base to reach you. And now you wanna go back?"

"YES!"

"She said we need you. She was the one who knew how to get you out." Caboose told Church.

"She? Who're you- who're you talking about, Tex? The real Tex?"

"Tex? No, no not Tex. The new lady."

"New lady?" Church asked.

A door slides open, with Carolina entering the scene.
"Hey there, Alpha. Been looking for you for a long time."

"Oh no."

"Now that I've found you, you're gonna help me do what I should have done years ago: you're gonna help me kill the Director."

"Agent Carolina?! What are you doing here!?"

"I need your help. I'm tracking the Director of Project Freelancer and you're my best bet for figuring out what hole he's hiding in."

"Hole, eh? You know, our buddy Donut was always talking about his holes!"

"Sarge..."

"Constantly trying to get people to look at them and what not."

"Come on Sarge, he's dead now. He was shot, remember?"

"Oh right. ...Probably has a few more holes in him, huh? Heh heh heh ...What, too soon?"

"What's the appropriate amount of time to go by for that joke to be okay?"

"Ah whatever, you big blue baby."

"Shut up Sarge. What are you doing alive Carolina? You're supposed to be dead. This is impossible."

"That's a funny thing to say, for a guy who's literally a ghost." Sarge grunted.