Ch. 34

Carolina raises her plasma rifles.

"Alright. Me first."

The army of Tex drones charge. Carolina fires her rifles at the approaching army, mowing down the first several drones.

"Watch your left!"

Carolina looks to her left and flips backwards, dodging a drone's attack, dropping her rifles and pulling out a shotgun. A drone flies at her with a flying kick but Carolina blasts it out of the air with her shotgun.

She lunges forwards, leaping off the top of the heads of several drones and into the fray. She lands on another drone and skids across the ground on it as she proceeds to blast the surrounding robots.

"Uh, I think I'm gonna be sick!" Epsilon announces.

Carolina backflips off the drone she was standing on, flash kicking another. The other drones attack her but she manages to hold her own and blow them away with her shotgun.

Finally, one of the drones punches her gun out of her hands and Carolina switches to hand to hand combat. She takes out another three and throws the fourth into a nearby crate.

"Ungh!"

The crate is dented by the impact, and the one stacked on top of it falls to the ground. It splits open, revealing its cargo of frag grenades. They spill over the floor, tripping over several drones.

Carolina rolls away and regains her footing. She looks down, and kicks a grenade up, and into a approaching drone.

Carolina then pulls out her grappling gun and fires at the grenade. She twirls the grenade around, the metal sphere taking out several more drones.

She then slams the grenade into the ground, detonating it and causing the other grenades to explode, sending even more of the robots flying.

Out of the flames, a drone leaps forward.

"Watch out!" Epsilon shouts.

The drone rams Carolina, sending her flying and causing her to lose her grappling gun. She gets up on one knee.

"Could you be a little more specific?"

"Yeah, uh, sorry, Carolina, but, seeing this many ex-girlfriends in one room kinda has me terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

"Well, snap out of it!! I need you!"

Carolina powers her speed unit up, and takes off.
"Need me for-WOAH!"

"Church!"

"Right, right!"

Carolina sprints to the end of the room, and spins around, taking out more drones.

"Carolina, I don't think I can do this much longer!"

"Just hold on!"

Carolina dashes out of combat for a moment.

"Seriously! You need to slow down!"

"No!"
She dashes back in and engages the drones. With her speed boost, she begins tearing through the oncoming drones.

"I can do this!"
"Carolina!"

Carolina furiously smashes through the robots, ignoring Epsilon's protests while the voices of the Freelancers echo in her mind.

"She really wants to win."

"Ugh!"

"Carolina! Stop!"

Carolina charges forwards in an attempt to just plow through all the drones.

"She doesn't know how to stop."