Ch. 25

"Sarge, how come every time the Blues get involved in something stupid and dangerous, we get dragged along too?" Grif asked.

"You know what they say. Keep your friends close and your enemies within range of your primary firearm!"

"Sir! I realize-" Simmons began.

"So you can shoot em!" Sarge cackled.

"... I realize that we agreed to help Tennessee, Wash, and Carolina, but how do we know that they're gonna help us?"

"What do you mean?" Grif asked Simmons.

"I mean, if we run into trouble, do you really think they'll stick their neck out for us?" Simmons asked his team.

"Well, for a back-stabbing, double-crossing, no-good, dirty-rotten Blue, that Wash fella isn't too bad." Sarge stated.

"What a ringing endorsement!" Grif says sarcastically.

"I'm more worried about Carolina. What if after all of this is over, she decides to get rid of us?"

"Why would she do that?" Grif asked Simmons.

"I don't know! To tie up loose ends? To cover her trail? Don't you watch spy movies? They love that shit!"

"My God, man! Get a hold of yourself! You're making us look weak in front of the enemy!" Sarge pointed to show Caboose.

"Hello."

"Listen! I don't want to hear you talk about secret double-crosses, or mysterious subplots, or Freelancer conspiracies anymore! We've had enough of those going on around here as it is."
Sarge runs away.

"But don't you think that-"

"Sorry, sorry! I can't really talk right now, Simmons. I have got to go secure a perimeter over at the, uh, shady spot over there."

Grif leaves Simmons with Caboose.

Awkward silence.

Simmons turns toward Caboose.
"I liked it better when we only had to fight you."

"Yeah! Blue Team is pretty awesome right now. Right Tucker?"

Caboose turns to see that Tucker is gone.

"Right Church?"

Church is also gone. Caboose turns to Simmons.

"Hello."

"Uh.... where's the rest of your team?"

——Tucker and Epsilon——

Cut to Tucker watching the entrance of the facility. Epsilon appears next to him as they watch Wash enter the facility.

Washington walks up to Carolina, who is standing by a generator.

"Looking for something?"

"Leads, information, anything. You said Maine had been through here, right?"

"Well, yeah, but that was ages ago."

"Then look closely. Don't tell me hanging around those morons has turned you soft."

As she says this, Tucker and Epsilon sneak in on a balcony above.

"Hey, she said morons, that's us."

"Tucker, shut up, let me listen."

"The Meta was attempting to transfer energy from these turbines into his suit. It was the only way he could keep his equipment running."

"Huh, poor Maine."

"Carolina, it wasn't your fault."

"But it was my A.I."