Blending In

Revali was awoken by soft voices and the lack of warmth at his side. His eyes slowly blinked open as he sat up, his neck stiff from his position on the couch.

"Well good morning, sunshine." Revali jumped at the voice that he didn't recognize. A soldier with a small scar running from the top of his right eye to his bottom was watching him from the island where he sat on a bar stool. The man's hair was snowy white at the tips before running down to black at the base where the dye was growing out. He was in a pair of sport shorts and white shirt, he was probably just as tall as Revali. Raising an eyebrow at the other man, he sipped at the cup of coffee in his hand before his golden eyes snapped back to Revali.

"Uh..."

"Teba, I don't want to have to kick you out." Link said as he came walking in from the hallway. A small smirk loomed on Teba's face for a few moments before he scoffed at the other.

"I'm just existing Link and being nice to your guest." Teba answered with a big smile. Link rolled his eyes before rubbing at the back of his neck, and walking into the kitchen. Revali stared at Link for a few moments, how late was it because they both had a thin sheen of sweat over their skin. Link had slipped away, worked out and made coffee without waking Revali. He was a bit stunned.

"I'm sorry... I'm still a bit asleep. I'm Revali." Revali said as he pushed himself to his feet, putting the blankets on the couch.

"Oh, I know who you are." Teba responded as he took another sip of his coffee. A swift punch to the arm was all Link had to do to get the white haired man to yelp. "It's true." Teba defended himself as Link sent another glare at him.

"You want any coffee?" Link asked, breaking the slightly strange tension that seemed to form.

"Sure." Revali mumbled, but Link heard it nonetheless, and set to work finding a mug. Teba huffed a breath from where he sat before taking another gulp of his coffee.

"So... I don't know how much I can say in front of him?" Teba admitted as Link stood up from where he knelt down to grab a mug out of the floor cabinet.

"He won't tell, right?"

"I won't tell a soul." Revali said as Link gave a nod. Teba took another sip of the coffee before Link pushed the now full mug in front of Revali.

"You heard about... you know... Prince Sidon of the Zora?" Link stopped mid turn before glancing back at his friend.

"Of course I've heard of him, I trained with some of his father's guard."

"Well apparently he's the one that Ruto is trying to set up Zelda with. Your father argued with her about it last night." Teba stated as Link almost winced.

"Zelda is already in a relationship." Link responded as Revali stared at Teba. Someone was trying to set up the princess with someone else, why?

"Zelda is the only heir to the throne of Hyrule, she needs children of her blood line. At least that's what Ruto said."

"And my father?"

"He said that anyone taken in under the princess or queen's title will be considered the bloodline of the future queen. It doesn't matter whom she marries." Teba informed as he leaned on the table a bit waiting for Link's response.

"That's never going to work. This argument has come around time and time again. Ruto will never win it, even when she is queen." Link answered as he grabbed another mug pouring himself a cup of coffee as well. "Besides Zelda only has another year until she is old enough to take the title of queen." Link muttered as he took a gulp of the mug. "I mean what's the likelihood that Zelda will drop Urbosa, they've been dating for almost three years now. They've been dating since Urbosa dropped out of the guards academy."