Epilogue: One Year Later

The wind twirled around him, as Revali pressed himself closer to Medoh's neck, the city soaring past in a flurry of colors and shapes. His grip on the bird's feathers only forced it faster as it dove past a partly destroyed guardian that had crashed into a nearby building. Construction workers waved up at him as he flew past, but he paid them no mind. He was late, he was going to make them all late. He pressed his legs tighter to the bird's body as it obeyed, trying to pick up speed. Releasing his grip on Medoh's neck feathers, he raised his hands as the updraft crashed into them throwing them high into the air. The bow rattled against the quiver on his back as the two of them dove back down, their speed increasing. His right hand went to the scepter that was tied to his side, he couldn't have it get damaged again.

"Come on, come on." Revali said as the bird tried to pick up speed, but there was only so fast that he could go. He could see it, he could see the castle, it wasn't as far away as he thought. Medoh pulled up flying over the high towers before turning and landing on Zelda's stone balcony. The princess flew out of her bedroom running over to the royal guardsman snatching the scepter from his hand once he untied it.

"Oh god, we are so late!" Zelda shouted as she rushed back into the room as Link glanced at his princess for a few moments.

"You are the princess, soon-to be queen, you are never late." Link stated as Zelda looked at herself in the mirror as Revali glanced at his boyfriend for a few moments.

"Do you want the other half?" Revali asks as Zelda looks up at him, her white and gold dress flowing around her body. The tiara on her head was barely held there, as she didn't need any pins to hold it in today. It would be replaced by a crown soon anyways.

"I... I don't think I can do this." Zelda whispered.

"Do the ceremony or?"

"The ceremony isn't a big deal, we've been preparing for that for almost a month. I've got everything memorized for that, it's the other half I'm concerned about." Zelda spun the scepter in her hands as she thought, her eyes dancing over the golden artifact encrusted with beautiful jewels. Her fingers dug into the item before she turned to Revali and held out her hand. The archer reached into the uniform, digging out the small velvet box before handing it to the princess. Zelda gripped the box for a moment before opening it and staring down at the white diamond, surrounded by the sapphire gems. The ring was beautiful as Zelda had designed it to be and she just hoped that she had it sized correctly. Closing the box, she released a breath before tucking the box into the secret pocket she had sown into the dress.

"You know she'll say yes." Link said as he smiled, getting the princess to glance at her personal knight.

"I know, it's just nerve racking you know."

"Just breath, everything will work out." Link reassured as Zelda took a deep breath and nodded. She needed to relax, she was overthinking again.

"Link, can you go make sure that the guards are ready for us to head down?" Zelda asked as Link bowed to the princess before he turned leaving the room. The door shut behind him as Zelda ripped open the top drawer of her makeup desk and tossed a small velvet box to Revali who easily caught it.

"The other half will be dropped off after the ceremony, a servant will bring it up to my room. Don't overthink it." Zelda smiled as Revali rubbed at the back of his neck.

"Just like you aren't overthinking it." Revali joked as the princess sent him a glare but no anger came with it.

"There's a difference." Zelda started, "You're doing it in a private setting. I'm doing mine during the ceremony." Zelda admitted as Revali smirked tucking the ring box away in a pocket.