6. Looking Glass

That night Rainy couldn't sleep no matter what she did. She had tried everything, from counting sheep, to tossing and turning in the bed every half hour, nothing was working. It was all becoming tedious and so she was left to stare at the ceiling in the dark.

After a long day of lazing around in the sun, having a relaxing dinner with the whole family and being thoroughly fucked by her loving boyfriend as her midnight snack.

Rainy still felt dissatisfied.

Was that the right word to use?

For some reason, her mind kept racing with a million thoughts. However, the most prominent one was making her hot and sweaty. And frustrated. She needed to stop thinking about it before she lost her mind. There was an itch growing that she needed to get.

"Stop it Rain!" She hissed to herself, clamping her eyes shut.

There, that's all Rainy needed to do. If she could tell herself that she was sleepy then maybe sleep would finally come to her.

Her eyes shot wide open again within a split second, she couldn't take it any longer. Rainy needed to get rid of the itch pronto. Crawling out from under the tangled sheets, she carefully managed to manoeuvre around in the darkness. Elijah was knocked out cold as per usual so she knew she didn't have to worry about waking him up.

She just needed to clear her head and get out of there.

Not bothering to grab her robe to cover up with, she got up and headed straight for the door. Once she was finally out of the room and closed the door as carefully as she could without making a noise, she breathed out loudly, leaning her body weight against the back of the door.

Breathe.

In. Out. In. Out.

Her curious eyes made contact with the door directly across from her, she wasn't sure what possessed her to do what she did next but she did it regardless. She walked herself over to the door, standing in front of it. She wanted to know what was behind it, though she already knew. She needed a visual image to put her mind at ease, Rainy was a visual learner.

With a lifted hand, she gingerly knocked on the door. Once, twice. Then she waited.

Those passing seconds felt like the wait of a lifetime, and slowly she was beginning to regret her decision. She couldn't do this to Eli, she couldn't do this to herself!

But she had to see his face to know she was being stupid. She didn't want him, it was the air in Palm Springs they were messing up her mind, messing up the feng shui.

Oh shit, it was too late.

The door opened the minute she had decided that it was all a very bad idea and turned on her heel to walk away. Snapping her head up mid step, she went to apologise for the disturbance she had caused and be on her merry way. However, her mouth went dry, unable to form any coherent words whatsoever.

It was most definitely the air in Palm Springs.

"Yes?"

Silver was standing there, shirtless wearing only a pair of tight silk boxer briefs. Taking in the sight of his ripped chest and abs, it looked like he had been just woken up since his hair was a mess. Wet wavy curls falling on his forehead signalling he had most likely taken a shower before he fell asleep. His eyes also looked puffy, Rainy couldn't help but think he looked hot in his trance-like state.

When she didn't answer the first time, he frowned repeating himself. "Is this a new game where I ask you something and you fail to answer."

More silence.

"—Uh, batteries. Do you have any batteries?" She found herself responding, cringing internally at her choice of white lie.

"Batteries?" Silver questioned, his voice was husky and laced with sleep. He tried to clear his throat so that he could talk clearer, but he knew it would do nothing to help. He had always struggled with his morning voice, often times his voice was so raspy and low that it took him a good few minutes to adjust back to his normal speaking tone.

His raspy tone was enough to bring her back down to earth, her sudden interest in him only growing.

Rainy nodded, biting her bottom lip slowly drinking him up with only her eyes. "Batteries." She confirmed. Her soft voice was sultry and seductive as were those inviting eyes. They looked directly into his not daring to pull away.

Silver scoffed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with one hand whilst the other held the door open. He was confused to see her standing on his door step. His gaze dropped from her face to her body, clad in a set of cream silk pj shorts and a matching silk cropped camisole. Her hardened nipples pressed against her top displaying the imprint of her tits. He let his eyes travel down to her slender soft legs and toes that had been painted fresh white before making his way back up to her face.

He couldn't tell if it was the tan that she had caught or the way she was staring at him so intently in that very moment, but something about her was different.

"You want some batteries, that's really why you're here? Could this not have waited until, say I don't know, tomorrow. I don't have time to look for some batteries for you." He complained clearly more than annoying annoyed and still half asleep. And of course clueless.

It was three in the morning and she was at his doorstep for some silly batteries?

Could she not have waited until the next day? Well technically it was the next day but he didn't understand why she wasn't in her room at this time of night. With her boyfriend.

Realising he was coming across rude and dismissive when she was clearly looking for help, he sighed in defeat glancing behind his shoulder to look back at his messy room and squinted to see if he could find the tv remote.

Surely she could just take the batteries from those for now?

"Fine. Give me a minute while I look for some."

Rainy cut him off quickly before he even had the chance to ditch her at the door and start rummaging through his drawers looking for the remote. "I'm feeling a little cold out here actually, do you mind if I wait inside?" She trailed off, going as far as to rub the sides of her arms with her hands to motion her chill.

What was she doing? She questioned herself, clearly all of her common sense had gone straight out of the window.

And right now she didn't care, she just needed the itch to be gone. She was truly desperate.

A low noise sounded from the back of his throat although his face stayed utterly still. Not showing her any kind of emotion, he didn't want her to know what he was thinking. Not that any clocks were turning in his head at that very moment, all he could think about was sleep.

Silver allowed her walk inside, moving out of the way slightly. Rainy looked over her shoulder at him tucking her hair behind her ears. Her sweet dimples were on full display as her feet made their way into his bedroom. She brushed past him, not without her bare skin grazing over his. Teasingly.

After hesitating only a short moment he nodded and followed her inside. His eyes boyishly fell onto her shapely ass as she walked further in, unable to hide the wolffish grin that slowly crept onto his face.

The clocks were finally turning in his head.

Nothing more was left to be addressed between the two adults.

"Batteries." He repeated without a doubt, letting the door slam shut behind them. "On second thought, I might just have some lying around here somewhere."