34. Emotions

Over the course of the next couple of days, Rainy had resided in his guest bedroom. The first night he had let her sleep in his room, but he didn't dare to hold her. In fact he had slept facing away from the broken girl the entire time, and by the time it reached morning, he had left. That continued on for the rest of the weekend. She was more than baffled, she didn't know where he disappeared to during the day but the only times she saw him were at dinner and even then he ate quick and didn't bother with full conversation.

She wasn't sure why she hadn't gone home but he also hadn't asked her to leave either.

She liked the company.

Well that, and the thought of having to tell her best friend everything made her want to be sick.

Silver was a difficult man to read, she couldn't grasp the type of person he was. He refused to comfort her, despite opening his home up for her, providing her with his clothes and buying the necessities she needed. He even made sure to leave her a morning coffee every morning without fail before leaving for work.

That was what she was currently staring at. Standing in one of his old shirts, her uncombed curls were down her back, still wet from her shower and her puffy morning eyes assessed the contents of the mug.

A cup of coffee like she had expected, though, the only thing different was the small note left behind.

Having had the time to sit back and think about everything had helped Rainy tremendously, she was starting to feel somewhat normal again. Picking up the note, she held it between her fingers and squinted trying to make sense of the messy scribble.

What was with teachers and having the worst handwriting?

'Morning,

Since you have decided to make yourself at home, I thought you'd be happy to hear that it's takeout night. No need to set the table, dinner will be in the living room. Choose a movie you want to watch, we'll rent it out.

If you think just because you cried I'm going to let you off with missing college, think again. I'm giving you one more day before I force you back myself.

— Silver.'

Rainy pursed her lips, unsure of what to make of the note. It was short, straight to the point, and instructive. It was Silvester Rivera in a note.

Did that even make sense?

When she flipped the note over, the corners of her full lips pulled upwards.

'PS,

I'm not getting you any hair dye, so don't even think about wanting to change your hair. I like it how it is.'

She placed the note back down onto the counter, reaching for the warm cup.

It was every girl's way of getting through a breakup, to change their hair colour. So when Rainy had asked if he could pick some up after work the night before, he was busy working on his laptop when she came in. He merely glanced at her, and said nothing.

She assumed he was far too occupied to take what she had said in.

He liked her hair?

For some reason, that made her smile. Her curls were something she had an on and off relationship with, they were usually the first thing people noticed about her before she smiled and her dimples took over. Her big, tight black curls didn't allow her much experimentation with hair styling, she could either leave them out or up in one of her messy buns. And when she did her signature up do, it required many hair ties and a lot of patience.