Dating Problems

"Dream, why... why is there blood on your palm?" Secretkeeper asked, her voice shaking.

Dreamcatcher didn't answer but instead looked away. Clearly, something was wrong and Secretkeeper was determind to fix it.

She looked at Morrowseer but he didn't look at her.

Then Morrowseer turned to her and asked her, "We should probably go on a date tomorrow so your sister believes us."

"You know I..." Secretkeeper stumbled.

"You know we have to, as a cover for this," Morrowseer growled.

Secretkeeper stared at him in shock before realizing how much cover this really gave her and how ticked off Treasurekeeper would be.

"I... sure. See you at the sea by noon," Secretkeeper agreed.

He growled as a response. This relationship was most certainly not long term.

Secretkeeper sighed and sat next to Dreamcatcher. She claimed, "You can tell me anything, darling. Even if you want to yell at me for being a rotten carcass, I'll hear you out."

Dreamcatcher sniffled and Secretkeeper hugged her. "Anything?" Dreamcatcher asked.

"Anything," Secretkeeper agreed.

Dreamcatcher looked at Morrowseer and he growled. Slowly, he left the room, leaving Secretkeeper with Dreamcatcher.

"I've been thinking," Dreamcatcher began.

"Oh moons, that's dangerous," Secretkeeper giggled.

They both quietly laughed so they didn't disturb Dreamcatcher's parents or Morrowseer, wherever he went.

Dreamcatcher explained, "Well, maybe this isn't the right course of action for us, you know. Maybe we should go find... some guys to have dragonets with. The tribe needs as many as they can get. So..."

She began crying. Secretkeeper tightened the hug and pulled Dreamcatcher closer to her.

"Why the moons would you say such a thing?" Secretkeeper half laughed, half stated seriously.

Dreamcatcher didn't answer. Someone might have threatened her, which meant someone was going to pay. And boy, would they pay.

Secretkeeper racked her brain for an answer. The only dragons that could threaten Dreamcatcher like that had to know about their relationship. So that narrowed down the list to Wishful, Fearkeeper, Morrowseer, Fearstriker, and Destinyseeker.

She immediately ruled out Morrowseer because he had spent a lot of time helping them keep their secret. He had gotten in trouble many times for helping to keep Treasurekeeper away. He even dated her to help.

Next would be Fearkeeper. He could have gone back on his word but Secretkeeper found that highly unlikely. They did their best to defend each other and protect each other unless it benefited them to do so otherwise. There was no benefit for Fearkeeper, he would be in trouble for dating Wishful and sneaking out. So Fearkeeper could be ruled out.

Destinyseeker was an absolute no. She was the one who helped Dreamcatcher ask Secretkeeper out. Destinyseeker also gave them many isolated places to hang out and made plenty of excuses for Secretkeeper to keep Secretkeeper safe.

And there was no way Fearstriker would harm or threaten his one and only daughter. Fearstriker wouldn't tear his family apart because of something like this. He loved his family and would do anything to protect them. So it wasn't Fearstriker.

Which left Wishful who had also mysteriously disappeared not too long ago according to Fearkeeper. It had to be Wishful.

And Secretkeeper would find her and Wishful would regret ever trying to break Dreamcatcher.

Secretkeeper was mad and she had only experienced this kind of anger once. It was safe to say Treasurekeeper's perfection had been ruined and mother's anger had gotten out of hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra Scene (on Secretkeeper's first outburst):

By the time Secretkeeper and Fearkeeper had their first birthday, Treasurekeeper was three. They both hated Treasurekeeper as much as she hated them. Treasurekeeper believed that Secretkeeper and Fearkeeper stole her spotlight.

But they never did and never will.

When Treasurekeeper whined to her mother, mother gave Secretkeeper's and Fearkeeper's gifts to Treasurekeeper. Secretkeeper was supposed to get a beautiful leather pouch for her books and Fearkeeper was supposed to get a nice, trendy, golden bracelet. At the time, many dragonets at school had been wearing them and it was the new fashion for boys and girls.

Secretkeeper never cared much for other dragonets but she loved her books. She fly every day to the library and back. She met another dragonet who was roughly five years older than her, Mastermind was his name if she remembered correctly. She thought he may have liked her but she didn't want to fight Farsight for him. Farsight spent time at the library to be with him and Secretkeeper didn't want to lose her first friend. 

Anyway, Secretkeeper was angered because Treasurekeeper had gotten Secretkeeper's bag. What would Treasurekeeper have used it for?!

Secretkeeper had attacked Treasurekeeper. She pinned Treasurekeeper to the floor but Treasurekeeper being stronger, was able to throw her off. Secretkeeper had launched at her and somehow clawed the inside of Treasurekeeper's left leg. Her mother pulled Secretkeeper away and beat her. Then, Secretkeeper was banned from the library.

Little did her mother know, Secretkeeper snuck out and got books and talked to her girlfriend many years later...