Farsight's Dragonet

Ten years into the War of the SandWing Succession...

What ever happened to the respectable, young NightWing she liked?

Gone, but he was the only bit of family she had left. So she held on to him. She had no dragonets, she was terrified that she would accidently raise the poor thing the wrong way and it would be miserable. Such a life in her claws terrified her.

Morrowseer was never with Secretkeeper anymore anyway. Even if she wanted dragonets, he wouldn't be available. He was always with the queen or council, setting up a plan to take the rain forest for the second time. She ignored him now. He was always busy.

Battlewinner had become Queen of the NightWings on her eleventh hatching day. She killed her mother, took the throne, and they were already thinking about causing a world war to happen. A year later, the continent was at war and they discovered an animus in the tribe. Morrowseer was helping her with all of that.

Secretkeeper broke up with him for always being around the queen and not her. It never seemed to phase him but she was so lost without him, they were back together fairly quickly.

Around the same time, Farsight and Mastermind broke up for the third-something time. The only suspicious thing was, Battlewinner had a child around the time Secretkeepr and Farsight broke up with their boyfriends.

However, Secretkeeper didn't believe Mastermind or Morrowseer were stupid enough to pull a stunt like that.

Sometime after that, when Secretkeeper and Farsight got back together with their boyfriends, Farsight had an affair with another male. She has an egg right now. Mastermind didn't even care. He was so involved in his studies and work, he paid Farsight little attention.

For right now, they both had their boyfriends, Farsight an egg, and they were talking in Farsight's house at the moment.

"I hate him," Farsight growled. "He just works. He doesn't even care that I had a dragonet with someone else. I'm sure I could come home with dragonets from every male on this stupid island and he wouldn't blink twice."

"You like him enough to stay with him," Secretkeeper retorted, annoyed.

Farsight wasn't always the smartest, which is why Secretkeeper found it funny that she liked Mastermind. Farsight got mad at Mastermind when he MAY OR MAY NOT have had a dragonet with the queen but she hated him when he was okay with her having a dragonet with someone else. Farsighted clinged on to the small hope she and Mastermind could raise a family.

The thing was, Secretkeeper grew up mostly without parents and nice siblings. So to her, things hadn't changed and she was alright with that. Morrowseer was still there for her once in a while. Secretkeeper was just happy he was there once in a while, unlike her parents who were never there.

Farsight grew up with a loving family. Mastermind grew up with a nose in a book. So she expected him to drop it and have a family but all Mastermind wanted was to study. That was his life and will continue to be. Farsight couldn't really see that.

"You wouldn't understand! I wish Wishful were here!" Farsight growled.

"I wish she were here too, Farsight," Secretkeeper whispered.

Wishful shouldn't have ever left this world. Then, Fearless, her brother, would have had dragonets with Wishful and not Quickstrike.

Fearless and Quickstrike had a dragonet three years ago. Fearless died sometime after the dragonet hatched. Secretkeeper didn't associate with Quickstrike and Fearless or their dragonet. He would probably turn out to be a rotten, spoiled, no good dragon like his parents. 

She never attended her brother's funeral nor did she try to find out why he was dead. He just was, and that was that.

Secretkeeper and Farsight sat in an angry silence for quite some time. Finally, Farsight sighed and claimed, "Where did I go wrong?"

Secretkeeper smiled and answered, "You're asking a dragon who's spent his whole life devoted to his tribe to pay attention to you and only you."

Farsight nodded. "At least our boyfriends are helping the tribe and our future dragonets."

Secretkeeper was silent. She knew the plan was to kick the RainWings out of the forest, their home. It wasn't right but it was the only option. She didn't believe in the suffering of one tribe for another to be completely lazy and uncaring. 

However, if they kicked the RainWings out, they weren't much better than the RainWings unwillingness to help them. They needed to compromise and stop the war they started. Secretkeeper thought Morrowseer was going about the wrong way about getting the rain forest.

Of course, she'd never say that out loud. Every NightWing thought it was fine but her. 

"Yeah," Secretkeeper stated with a sigh.

"So I've been brainstorming names for my dragonet. Do you have any ideas? I thought about what Wishful wanted to name her dragonets. Didn't she say Fiercesome?" Farsight asked.

"Fierceclaws or Fierceteeth. But yeah," Secretkeeper answered.

"Then she'll be Fierceteeth, for Wishful," Farsight exclaimed. 

It was sweet that Farsight was doing that for Wishful. Secretkeeper didn't want to name her dragonet after anyone or for anyone. She was trying to let go and forget her past.

She missed the old Morrowseer. The one who comforted her when no one else did, the one who was always there for her. Maybe he was like this all along and she hadn't noticed. She thought she could bring out his old self again but that was turning out to be a struggle.

Maybe she should just move on and forget him too...