A Dangerous Date

She needed to ask her father if she could leave the house to meet up with Morrowseer. She was shaking. 

Secretkeeper took a deep breath in and out to calm herself. It's just your dad.

That terrified her even more somehow. He wasn't like a father to her. He was her role model but nothing more and nothing less. They weren't close or anything but they were closer than Secretkeeper was with her mother. 

Needless to say, she really didn't feel like she had parents. She accepted Fearstriker and Destinyseeker as her parental figures.

Either way she still needed her actual father's permission.

"Hey, dad," Secretkeeper said, keeping her voice low.

"Yes?" he asked, eyeing her.

She claimed, "I planned to meet up with my friends today. Would I by...by chance, be able to leave?"

He stared at her for a few moments too long before saying, "Yes, but be home before the sun sets."

"Yes sir," she stated before walking out of the house.

"Oh, and Secretkeeper?" her father called.

She opened the door and paused before asking, "Yes?"

"Watch your back," he quickly claimed, looking away from her.

She nodded before taking off. What had he meant by that?

She let the wind guide her to the beach where Morrowseer was waiting. Secretkeeper was trembling with fear again. A few deep breathes took care of it.

Morrowseer was already there, waiting for her. He had that angry expression on his face that made Secretkeeper nervous. It was like the one her mother always wore, the one she was terrified of.

She landed with grace and went to sit next to him. They were a few feet apart. Secretkeeper would prefer a few yards but this will have to do.

"Hello, Secretkeeper," he said.

"Hey Morrowseer," she replied.

Secretkeeper shuffled her feet nervously and avoided eye contact. Should she say anything?

They sat in silence for a long while. The sun warmed Secretkeeper's scales and she felt uncomfortable. It was a little too warm for her liking but since they lived on an active volcano, there was nothing she could do about it.

That's why she preferred nighttime. It was a bit cooler and she always felt more alert at nighttime, more awake and alive.

Morrowseer asked, "Something on your mind?"

"Yeah, so, uh, Dreamcatcher said something about having her own dragonets and I think Wishful talked her into something, and, well, she doesn't want to, you know. I was wondering if you could help me?" Secretkeeper stumbled. She was really bad at this.

"Really?" he asked. "Wishful... seems like a logical assumption. What do you want me to do and what will I get in return?"

Secretkeeper began, "I was hoping you could track her down. She, apparently, has been missing for quite some time. I just want to talk to her."

"And do you have the strength to keep her in one place?" he questioned. She opened her mouth and he continued, "No. You're going to need my help with that to. So what is my benefit?"

She was shocked. He was going to play the dangerous game and she didn't want to play. 

"Whatever you want," she answered hesitantly. 

That was a terrible answer! She realized that after she said it. What would he make her do now? He could make her do nearly anything.

"Keep dating me, for real. We don't have to tell Dreamcatcher, unless, you want to break up with her. I don't care," he answered.

"Sounds like a deal," she replied.

He grinned but in a twisted way like he believed he could own the world. She hated it. 

His wing went over her shoulder and he pulled her closer to him. Secretkeeper stayed stiff and she didn't move. He used his wing to pull her a little closer so they were touching. 

She wanted to run and fly away. He was stiff as well and as he began to relax she panicked a little more. She had no idea how long that had went on.

He looked at her and pulled away and Secretkeeper held a sigh of relief. He turned around and looked her in the eyes.

She hadn't realized how much bigger he was than her. While they were both standing, he could rest his head on her head if she stood on her talons.

"Now, I'll go see what I can find out about Wishful," he claimed, brushing her left check with his claw.

Her heart skipped a few beats but not in a romantic way, in a terrified way. 

She nodded and he took off, leaving her on the hot rocks. She had never felt so relieved to watch him fly away.

What have I done?