Siblings...

Secretkeeper had returned two hours before the sun was supposed to rise. She leaped into her room quietly and heard Fearkeeper snoring. She giggled quietly to herself and curled up in her bed. She was cold but she only had one blanket so she must make-do.

She had fallen asleep fairly quickly.

Lava exploded around her, trapping her in. The ground quaked beneath her and a terrifying laugh came from a distance.

"Look who it is," Treasurekeeper laughed. Secretkeeper was scared. "It's the liar, the traitor. Mastermind, dear, fetch my crown."

Morrowseer stood next to Treasurekeeper and laughed at Secretkeeper as well. She spoted Wishful, Fearkeeper, Destinyseeker, Fearstriker, and Dreamcatcher in similar cages of lava.

Secretkeeper took off, thinking she could get out by going up. Lava spewed at her and she screamed. She hit the ground with a THUMP! More NightWings laughed.

Everything burned and Secretkeeper felt like passing out. She was beginning to see darkness at the corner of her eyes, blocking some of her vision.

"Such a disappointment," her father claimed.

Truthseeker was holding Dreamcatcher in the air by her neck. "You dated a girl, you disgrace. We need dragonets, not idiots. You always were my least favorite child. At least your sister became queen."

With that, Truthseeker snapped Dreamcatcher's neck. Secretkeeper screamed and watched Dreamcatcher's body hit the ground.

Secretkeeper ran through the lava.

Her scales sizzled as she screamed. She'd push through it. She need to. Why, she didn't know but her gut told her to.

Then, Morrowseer pushed her back in. She screamed in pain. Secretkeeper could have sworn she could see stars as darkness clouded her vision.

"What? You afraid of this?" Morrowseer asked, gesturing to himself.

The lava wall disappeared and she was surrounded by boys. They all tried to grab her and kiss her. Secretkeeper screamed and took for the skies.

Her sister and mother slammed her to the ground. They torched her with their fire-breath and beat her up. Secretkeeper cried and screamed. She was terrified. She wanted to escape. Fly away.

Her sister left and Fearkeeper's screams echoed through her mind. He was dying from their sister and Secretkeeper was dying, dying from her mother.

"I am disappointed in you," her father repeated.

Secretkeeper cried even more. Blood spilled out of her mouth. She coughed and took one last look at the world before she faded into darkness.

"Wake up! Secretkeeper, please wake up! You're scaring me!" Fearkeeper whined, shaking her.

"And you woke me up. A princess needs her beauty sleep, after all," Treasurekeeper snorted.

"SHUT UP! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE!" Fearkeeper roared.

Treasurekeeper laughed, "You're right."

Secretkeeper heard Treasurekeeper leave and she opened her eyes. Fearkeeper was standing next to her bed.

"Oh my moons! What was wrong?" Fearkeeper asked, with a terrified look in his eyes.

"Just a bad dream," Secretkeeper answered.

"Secretkeeper, come make breakfast now that you woke EVERYONE up!" Treasurekeeper yelled from the other room.

Secretkeeper took one last look at her twin before rushing off to remind Treasurekeeper they could only have one meal a day until mother returned from her week granted for hunting.

How was she to tell Treasurekeeper something like that?

Wing it and hope for the best. Secretkeeper mentally laughed.

"Um, Treasurekeeper, we can't have two meals a day until mother returns with a hopefully-good catch," Secretkeeper nervously told her sister.

"Then you and Fearkeeper take turns sacrificing your meals so I can have two," Treasurekeeper answered simply.

"YOU'RE THICK ENOUGH! WE'RE TOO THIN, FOOL!" Fearkeeper screamed as he ran into the kitchen.

Secretkeeper didn't want to know what got Fearkeeper so fired up today.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Treasurekeeper snapped. "Repeat that!"

"GLADLY!" Fearkeeper roared. "YOU'RE--"

"Stop," Secretkeeper demanded. "I'll give up my meals."

"Good," Treasurekeeper declared. "But rudeness does NOT go unpunished."

"Then you should be PUNISHED FOR LIFE, YOU--OOF!" Fearkeeper declared as Treasurekeeper jumped on top of him.

Fearkeeper had hit the wall but he crawled away under Treasurekeeper. Fearkeeper used his tail and hit Treasurekeeper in the face. Treasurekeeper howled and launched at him again.

He moved out of the way and Treasurekeeper had smoke rising from her nostrils. Fearkeeper began to have smoke rise from his nostrils as well. They stared at each other in anger for a few moments.

Treasurekeeper darted to the kitchen and grabbed the knives. She threw one and it missed Fearkeeper by a few yards.

Fearkeeper grabbed a pan and deflected the next knife. It hit the floor and rattled. He picked it up and threw it back at his sister.

But Fearkeeper was a little more experienced, because he scrapped the edge of Treasurekeeper's wing. She howled in pain and got a wild look in her eyes. It was the one their mother got when she was angry and the look that terrified Secretkeeper the most.

It was also the one that appeared in Secretkeeper's dream when her mother and Treasurekeeper beat her up.

Secretkeeper began shaking with terror. She dove under the table and made herself as small as she could as her siblings tried to kill each other.

They began screaming curse words and death threats at each other. Secretkeeper tried to tune them out.

Her dreams haunted her. She had nightmares every night of her worst fears and they were so bad, she couldn't shake them off during the day. Dreamcatcher knew about it and Secretkeeper told her Dreamcatcher her fears. Dreamcatcher made sure not to trigger an episode for Secretkeeper.

Now, she was so close to a melt down.

Stay... strong.

She began listing everything she loved because it helped her during things like this. I love my father, my soulmate, my soulmate's family, the sunrise...

The ground shook as one of them screamed and hit the ground. Secretkeeper felt like the two long legs of the table began to close in on her. She screamed herself and ran out of her hiding place, terrified.

That was when she ran into her father.