Secrets and Lies

Five years later...

Secretkeeper had an egg. An egg! A dragonet of her own!

This came with a multitude of problems. Secretkeeper refused to let her dragonet grow up here, and with Morrowseer around. Yes, he was the father but Secretkeeper wanted to keep her dragonet away from him.

Mastermind had a dragonet with Farsight, it was timed so that their dragonet could fufill the prophecy. After Farsight learned that, she avoided Mastermind and payed her first dragonet little attention.

Sure, it sucked to have a dragonet taken away from you but at least the poor thing is living on the mainland, most likely being treated very well by the Talons. 

Anyway, Morrowseer had taken her egg away from her. Secretkeeper didn't want her dragonet to leave her because Morrowseer had some "prophecy" or something else stupid to make happen.

So she was going to fake her dragonet's death and hid it in the forest. 

Secretkeeper didn't keep in touch with Morrowseer anymore. She had finally moved on from Dreamcatcher. She just held on to him while there was still a piece of Dreamcatcher left. Now that it was passed down to her dragonet, she didn't need him.

She loathed Morrowseer now that he had shown her his true colors. 

Flashback...

Morrowseer shoved her to the wall. 

"WHAT?" he roared in her face. She refused to look him in the eyes. "Repeat that!"

"I don't want dragonets!" Secretkeeper roared back, tears streaming down her face. "I'm not ready! Besides, you NEVER spend any time with ME anymore! It's always planning your stupid little prophecy!"

"I NEED A NIGHTWING!" he screamed, getting closer to her face. "Or more NightWings will DIE because of YOU!"

Secretkeeper whispered, "No."

He gave her one last push before storming out of her room. She slumped to the floor, in tears. Why did he want a dragonet so bad, especially now? 

Farsight walked in with a smile from ear to ear. Secretkeeper immediately stopped sobbing and looked at her friend. Farsight's smile dropped a little. Secretkeeper gave her a weak smile.

"What's up?" Farsight asked.

"Just... nothing. Why are you so happy?" Secretkeeper responded.

"Mastermind asked to have a dragonet with me. A DRAGONET, Secretkeeper. A DRAGONET of my own and it was with him this time!" she exploded.

Secretkeeper smiled for real this time. "That's awesome."

Farsight smiled dreamily and stared off into the wall behind Secretkeeper. She looked at her friend in surprise. Farsight was always able to find happiness in the darkest moments but right now, she was happier than she ever had been. That was all it took for her.

Secretkeeper admired her for it. 

She smiled at the memory and Farsight's happiness. 

While Faraight was a good friend, Secretkeeper didn't trust her to keep her mouth closed. She says a lot of things on "accident". They were friends, don't get Secretkeeper wrong, but they weren't as great of friends as Farsight has come to believe.

All Secretkeeper knew, was that one day, she and her dragonet may live happily in the forest without all the NightWing drama.

Maybe she can finally find happiness and peace.