XVI

hey guys, i made a mistake in the previous chapter and have fixed it already. hwang minsu was meant to be wu inho. sorry about that !

his eyes held the whole universe but she was just a mere galaxy

. . .

"inho, where's hyejin" chenle stood up as soon as inho returned alone

"she said she might be a while, so she told me to leave first and she'll catch up. you can wait here for a bit"  inho smiled, but chenle saw a different message behind that grin. he watched as inho lead the group away into a seperate part of the school.

and then something clicked in him

his eyes widened as he saw inho turned around to lock eyes with chenle as if they shared the same message, but one was a question while the other was a reply.

"hyejin..." his mouth fell open, giving inho one last look before bolting down the hallway towards the bathroom. he banged on the girls bathroom "hyejin, hyejin!"

no reply.

quickly, he tapped on his watch, contacting ten

"send backup, quick. hyejin's gone"

"what?"

"just do it. hurry up!" he cursed at his watch before swinging the girls bathroom door open, racing in. thankfully there weren't anyone inside. swinging all the stall doors open, to no avail did he find a single hint of hyejin. but an object caught his eyes on the floor next to the sink

hyejin's phone

quickly picking it up with his trembling hands, he fiddled with the password, ultimately resulting in him plugging in a adapter that attached to his phone. lucky for him, he had worked for years in taking down stuff off the media and computer work alongside ten which made this process a whole lot easier.

desperately pulling up an app on his phone, he decoded everything within 5 minutes and as expected, hyejin's phone unlocked.

but what was weird was that hyejin has a zoomed up picture of the map of this uni pulled up.

"she was playing a game before..." his eyes lit up in an instant

she's trying to tell me she's still in campus

his eyes scanned how this picture was specifically zoomed up towards the west side of the school, right near the storage area

she's in the storage area

he couldn't help but feel his heart flutter at how she handles situations like these. she truly was one that reacted fast and thought effectively, no matter how much pressure she was under.