XXVI

"it was you who lit the fire in me, but it was also you who put it out "

. . .

"you're still up?" hyejin's eyes shifted to chenle who had softly opened her doors thinking she was asleep, instead, she was busily working on her assignment. chenle ignored her question, because obviously, he's still up.

taking a seat next to her, he eyed the paper "what's the topic"

his voice sounded fatigued, but there was not much she could do about it. "media usage. this is a mock assignment type thing so i'm not spending that much effort on it"

"i sense excuses" chenle scoffed, looking at the multiple pen cross-outs littered across the sheet

"the topics hard ok, it expects us to know how to frickin hack into a computer. we're studying law! not computer coding!" she groaned, throwing her pen down.

"your boyfriends a computer hacking mafia gang member, have you forgotten?" he chuckled lowly

"ten's my boyfriend?" she teased, laughing at his change of expression

"don't you ever talk about another male in front of me again" chenle pointed an accusing finger at her face

"who's chenle? do you know him stranger?" she pulled a fake thinking expression, internally laughing at chenles face fall with annoyance

"except me" he knocked her gently on the shoulder, causing her laughs to come out of her mouth

"god you laugh like a pig" he snorted, earning a death stare and an iconic slap across the back of the head

"i worked with ten for majority of my career as a mafia member, and also helped with covering tracks up in media so i have experience" he grabbed a pen and pointed at the first question "look, === is an operator sign stated in the question, change that into an if statement with brackets, then write your rule between the brackets. this is a very common code used for hackers"

she nodded, scribbling down answers as he explained it to her. this explaining answering cycle continued for the next hour, chenle sneaking glances at her ever so often. by the time she got to the last question, chenle was basically so close to her he was almost on top of her. his arms was leant over hers to help her write extra notes.

"i seriously wonder where you get these flirting tricks" she turned to chenle and knowingly seeing his face up close

"not mark i can tell you that" he ruffled her hair, the two standing up as hyejin tiredly slid into the blankets. to respect her space, chenle sighed and left the room without even a goodbye. she seemed too tired to even look at him.

chenle couldnt sleep a wink, restless with the thought that hyejin is in danger despite being out of the gang. after laying awake for more than an hour, he dragged himself up. softly pushing open her bedroom door, he walked up to her sleeping body, silently glancing at her phone. he needed to hack her phone in order to make sure that there wasn't a tracker.