XXV

"your danger was my fuse"

. . .

her grip was tight on his wrist as she dragged him towards the entrance of the worn out library, chenle was very insistent in keeping his foot in place. although chenle was being unbelievably stubborn right now, it showed a cute side of him; a side that just made her wanted to squish his face.

"by the time we get there, there won't even be a base to your shoe" she grunted, continuously trying to pull this massive baby down a shortcut

"so you should stop trying to get me to go back" chenle rumbled, his arm tense under hyejin's grip.

"your gonna have to end up going back eventually, may as well get it over and done with" hyejin knew it was gonna be awkward for her to see the members again, but it was all worth it for chenle.

arriving at the entrance of the library, hyejin dropped his wrist and huffed, gesturing at the library "walk on in and apologise to taeyong"

"i dont do apologies" chenle glared at hyejin, turning his back to the door.

"well i don't do stupidity" she fired right back at him. seeing his loss for a comeback, she sighed, grabbing chenles arm again and pulling him so that he was smack in front of the verification shelf.

she placed her hands on chenles shoulder, spinning him around so their eyes were somewhat level. he was taller than her, by a fair bit.

"come on, they're your family. these people have been with you your whole life, don't throw away your love over a childish argument" she trailed her hand up to gently cup his cheek, brushing her thumb over his rice-cake like skin.

she could tell chenle's decision was wavering, and he couldn't deny she didn't have an affect on him.

"i have you" chenle muttered, placing his hand on top of her hand that was around his cheek

"but i'm not enough. you need a companion, a partner, someone to fight with you. i am enough to fulfil that romantic part of your life, but not enough to fill that fighter section" she smiled "i fell for you because you were a fighter"

she dropped her hand from his cheek so that it went to grab his fingers, that was undoubtedly subtly shaking. weaving their fingers together, she looked at him with as much sincerity as she could "you can do it"

leaning his head down, chenles eyes sparkled with a devilish demeanour. he was expecting something from her and she knew what was about to come

"where's my reward?" he smirked, placing his hands on the shelf so that her back was pushed against it.

"don't do it then" she shrugged, not allowing him to have the satisfaction of knowing she's given in. ducking under chenles arm, she skipped out of the building, only to be pulled back by two large hands placed on her shoulder.